You can type here any text you want

Again I'm carb stupid so I need guidance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I was going to adjust my tps but it looks like someone beat me to it aat one time. The "screw" that's supposed to be in there looks like a tiny flat screw driver bit. Been broken maybe? I've tried ideas on turning it with no success. On the other side of things, what I believe is the accelerator pump lever next to it seems to be ovaled out cause the rod off the linkage has a lot of play. Should I bandaid this and bend teh rod so it takes up theslack? Or do I get a rebuild kit and replace these parts. Other than these visuals the car runs well aside from the tps voltage being low, not going 4 volts at wot, and converter lockup being way to early sometimes(25mph). Trying to get everything squared away on this car beings its my driver and the winter months are approaching way to fast:frown:

If it looks like someone has mickeyed it bad and it works, leave it alone.
Get another carb, (2-barrels are easier to find if that's what you have).

Then repair the damage after replacing the carb. It's always good to have a spare carb if you're planning on keeping the car.:cool:

Tell me about it. Did anyone ever try the front wheel drive fuel injection conversion yet? If they come with 8445 heads and the later ones that use the same heads as the TTa, why wouldn't it work? It would be an easy way to bump up to 140 horse. Plus you could do "SFI" mods to it like a big K&N cone, play with fuel pressure etc. The only downfall would be the dinky MAF that would limit mods. But beings it would be an na motor it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. I know this has been discussed before but I don't remember anyone ever saying it WON'T work. As far as the carb goes I am going to be getting a parts car soon so hopefully the carb is good. If anything I'll try to find a good 4bbl to slap on and go. All ready tracked downa intake and air cleaner from eric. It does bug me that the carb isn't exactly right, I like stuff being the best it can be. Hey, maybe I'll just drive it and save up for a ICed set up:cool: J/K;) well, maybe....

well hopefully i'll have a good 2bbl off this 86 i'm getting. if not, someone is gonna have to find me a working 4bbl. I did find a feedback carb that was on a buick lesabre with the 305. Had the straight fuel filter housing on it too. Shoulda grabbed it. Can't be that hard to make them run on a 3.8 is it? Someone with some good carb knowledge and a digital camera should try putting together a step by step on the dual jet and quadrajet. I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

.... I did find a feedback carb that was on a buick lesabre with the 305. Had the straight fuel filter housing on it too. Shoulda grabbed it. Can't be that hard to make them run on a 3.8 is it?

They used to make adapters for two to four barrels. I'd try finding one first. Removing the 2BL intake just to adapt a four barrel does'nt make much sense. Too much trouble for a simple bolt on. Unless it's your only resort.:(

But the best way out is to get a 2BL feedback carb.....:cool:

Yeah that's an idea. I'm sure someone makes them. There would have to be some type of gain just going to a 4bbl. Like said before, if the dualjet isn't good on the other car I will find a good used carb, be it either a 2 or 4.

The gain won't be noticeable. :frown:
The easier way out is with the Duel. The Quad will still run into fuel-line, accelerator brackets and height issues if an adaptor is used. A little more work. But like I said, if that's your only option well.....you know. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. Did anyone ever try the front wheel drive fuel injection conversion yet? If they come with 8445 heads and the later ones that use the same heads as the TTa, why wouldn't it work? It would be an easy way to bump up to 140 horse. Plus you could do "SFI" mods to it like a big K&N cone, play with fuel pressure etc. The only downfall would be the dinky MAF that would limit mods. But beings it would be an na motor it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. I know this has been discussed before but I don't remember anyone ever saying it WON'T work. As far as the carb goes I am going to be getting a parts car soon so hopefully the carb is good. If anything I'll try to find a good 4bbl to slap on and go. All ready tracked downa intake and air cleaner from eric. It does bug me that the carb isn't exactly right, I like stuff being the best it can be. Hey, maybe I'll just drive it and save up for a ICed set up:cool: J/K;) well, maybe....

hey, hows that pull strap holding up?:D

I have my interior almost gutted. It's sitting in the "good" pile with the rest of the stuff. Holding up well so far. Let me know if you need any little crap of this 86 I'll be getting. It's a limited. If you need any chrome trim or anything off this car I'll have it this weekend. I was too lazy to go get it yesterday:redface:

I have a 2 barrell from an 82. It wasn't coding when I took it off many years ago and its been sitting since that time. Heck I couldn't even give it away on eBay so make me any offer. It was too nice to throw away.

Back