Votes: 214 35.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 85 14.2%
  • 51-60

Votes: 64 10.7%
  • 61+

Votes: 16 2.7%

• Total voters
Dad bought our 87 Limited new, so I have been riding in the car since i was 7. Started driving it to school when I was 16, and officially inheirited it when I was 18. I am now 24, and had it transported it from Vegas to NC to work on restoring it . Dad is sending me the title so it will officially be mine. :)

My first taste of a turbo Buick was my 1st car. A '78 Turbo Sport Coupe when I was 17. Man, I miss that car. I put 200,000+ miles on that car. Got my 1st GN, an '87 at the age of 26. I still have this car. My 2nd GN, an '86 2 years later. It was totaled in November 2003 when a semi pinned me between it and a concrete retaining wall. I got my '86 T-Type at 29, sold it at last November. Got my 3rd, another '87 GN last November. Of course this total does not include the various parts cars I have bought, stripped and junked. My wife is talking like she wants us to find a low mile '86 GN. She says she misses driving one of the black brutes.:D

18 and bought my GN this year. I hope to add a TTA to my collection after I get out of college.

got mine when i was 31.. which was 6 months ago, lol
i love it, always wanted one, just finalyl found the right one at the right price

Original owner here.......got my 87 GN when I was 35...I think...wait a minute...no....wait...yea 35...:confused:

I bought my 1st when I was 20,totaled it last jan. Bought my 2nd 2 weeks later before the ins. settlement. Then last April bought my T which is my daily driver!!I have been in a G body(not TR) since I was 16. My dad and I looked at them when they were new,too bad he didn't by one...I did:D

Ordered my 1986 T-Type in September of 1985 - as every day transportation for the family. I was 36 at the time and had to have 6 passenger car (4 kids) so a bench seat was the only choice and that put the GN package out of the picture. :( When we picked up the car, it was love at first sight. :D When we drove it, it almost had the same feel as the '66 GTO tri-power we had 15 years before. It has been almost 20 years and 60,000 miles now and it is still as much fun to drive today as it was then.

well

My first GN was bought at age 24.........

2nd one at age 28.............both beat on hard,,,,,,,,

3rd one was a 21k actual mile one owner at 31 years old,,,,,,,sold to the guy whos Dad founded Motorola radio corp.......

TTA was bout at age 35 last year,,,,still have,,,,,

By the end of next week i will probably own an 86 GN with 18k actual miles :biggrin: ,,,age 36

I was getting too old and sore to get in and out of my Pantera and Dodge Viper so I bought a T-type. Now I can drive a comfortable car to the track and dial in enough boost to run 11s, 10s or even 9s and race. Enjoy your youth because whoever said the 60s is the Golden Years was on Drugs. 61 years old here

I'm 35

I bought my first TR an 87 GN in 93 @ the age of 23 had it till I was 26 & it got stolen :mad:, Then I inherited my younger brother's 86 T for about 8 months then sold it. In 98 got a 89 TTA which I had for about 2 years until a little old lady making a left turn in front of me in oncoming traffic, decided to stop. I swerved to avoid her, which I did, but that damn telephone pole I could not avoid. My current car a 87 Limited I've only had since May 17th of this year & yeah these cars are addicting ;)

broke1 said:
AMEN!!:D

A TR guru on this site once told me "either spend it on the car or spend it on dope"

Ive never heard truer words spoken...

BTW,just turned 26 and bought my 1st TR(84 T) when I was almost 18.Ive since sold my T and own 2 GN's.Ive loved these cars ever since I 1st took a ride when I was an 8yo.My cousin got a brand new one for graduation:)

I third that I bought my first gn 2 years ago needed work got impatient bought another been loving it ever since Im 33 presently

Alan :D

My first car was an 86 t type, now I have an 84 Regal with a small block 355 and I am more than ready to go back to the turbo six. Once I get this thing running good it's out of here and I hope to get another t type.

hey guys

I was 20 when i bought my GN back in the summer of 99. I have been under the spell of the darkside since then.

Bought my current and only GN in 1991, was 21 then.
Bought the TTA just 4 years ago, was 31 then.
Maybe when I turn 41 I'll get a GNX :D

bought my first car when i was 20 and my 2nd when i was 22 and my 3rd this year and i am 25.

turbotoy