Votes: 214 35.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 85 14.2%
  • 51-60

Votes: 64 10.7%
  • 61+

Votes: 16 2.7%

• Total voters
I'm 36 and got my '85 GN in 11/97. My '84 T in 10/98. My '85 T in 4/99. I had a lot of catching up to do. :D

Looking back, I should have bought an 87 brand new. I was one year out of high school and bringing home $300 a week and could have afforded it. :(

I got my first GN when I was twenty, unfortunately I had to part with it at 23. I got my second one when I was 29, still have it. Bought the third one at 31, it is the wifes ride, she will not let me give her age. I started out with an Opel GT at twelve and a 78 Regal at sixteen, totalled at nineteen, found another 78 soon after that and then traded it on the first GN. At 21 I had a 77 Regal with a 455 transplant, still have the drivetrain.

22 when i got my 87 gn to bad it's been broke for about half the time i've had it and 25 whem i got my 93 red&grey ty if i did'nt have to move out on my own the gn would've been fixed already hopefully by next summer

I just recently turned 50 but I bought my first GN in 1987 when I was 33.

I'm 24 I bought my first TR when I was 21. An 87 WE4.

I sold it after only owning it for 7 months. I bought my second an 87 GN october of '03

It had been wrecked in the front end in '97 and it sit untouched until I bought it. When I got it home I discovered it had a cracked block. I ripped everything apart, got a new block, had machine work done, bought all new parts and assembled it myself.

I just fired it up Monday night and I'm getting close to getting this thing tuned just right.:D I'll be cruising real soon.

I love these cars and hope they will be around for years to come.

:cool:

Jason

I bought my 86 T-Type a month ago. I'll be 43 next week. A first Buick for me. Have owned several makes and models of muscle cars since i was 16. Can't see any reason to have anything other than one of these TR's till the day I push up Daiseys !!!

24 Here

I am 24 years old....Started out on July 5th, 2002 with my first Ttype....Crashed it May 21st, 2003 @ 70 mph into a telephone pole....Damn Rain.. Purchased a new body 87 WE4. Put my engine and rebuilt tranny into it (my tranny case was completely cracked to he11) and just got it running last monday!!!!! about to drive it early next week when I get my new LT1 MAF, Translator Plus, and Extender Chip!!!

age?

Wow! do I feel old!

Oh darn, I am!

you guys are so young,, oh well, I have more war stories!

thanks
cruzn57

I bought a 84 TType, that we found out when we ripped it apart was a GN? @ 18, then an 86 GN, an 87 GN, a 79 Regal w/87 Drivetrain, another 87GN and somehow ripped them all apart and ended up with one car...that i parted out in frustration 3 years ago...But all of these were solid roof cars, and I always wanted a clean ttop car....well I bought it 3 months ago! (I'm 28 now)

Funny thing...getting back into the buick circle, nearly all the parts that I bought used from guys for my current car, are actually my old parts from previous cars! :D

Cliff

Got my first 87 GN when I was 18, sold it, got another 87 GN when I was 20, sold it, then got my current 87 T when I was 21. Now i'm 22! :)

Got my T when I was 18. Got my GN when I was 19. Im 20 now. I think Im about due for another.:)

I took delivery of the first 84 GN in the St. Louis area and I was 30 at the time. Since then, I have had three additional turbo cars including the two I have now. I have always been a 60-70's V8 guy because they were the cars of my youth. However, these turbo cars are fun!

My "stock" car will be going to my eldest son when he graduates from college in May. I'll be looking for another nice car in the near future for my 2nd son who will entering college in the fall. My gift to my sons are a college education, the best father I can be, and a turbo Buick!

Originally posted by rgs455
I took delivery of the first 84 GN in the St. Louis area and I was 30 at the time. Since then, I have had three additional turbo cars including the two I have now. I have always been a 60-70's V8 guy because they were the cars of my youth. However, these turbo cars are fun!

My "stock" car will be going to my eldest son when he graduates from college in May. I'll be looking for another nice car in the near future for my 2nd son who will entering college in the fall. My gift to my sons are a college education, the best father I can be, and a turbo Buick!

Besides the college education part that sounds like my father. He made the mistake of getting me my first TR. I told him I wanted a Monte Carlo SS and he instead got me a Regal Ttype claiming they were the same thing. Once I drove it, I knew they werent and was very pleased with the performance. I beat on that car so bad it really became a great bonding experience with all the times me and my father worked on that car.

Been playing with these since I discovered one in 1987. Was into Mopars racing ProET and Super Mod and into Chevrolets racing a Vega in Super Street and Super Gas. (Cheap to get parts for and every track you got help if needed) Then Dad and I bought the 1600 mile car in 1988 and the GNX in 1990. We bought Dad's race car out of NH. in 1990 also. It is 95% race car tho. 6 Point cage and runs low 11's and I have had it in the tens 3 times. Then, Dad exploded it in Palmdale and that car has sat with a brand new motor in it with a 4.1 knife crank in it for 3 years. My WE4 was bought from a 65 year old man whos family took it from him as he was getting a disease in which he would disappear for a day or so ,Now this mind you with a Turbo Regal on the Coast hwy HWY 1 up in Eureka, Ca. So, the family took the car and sold the car. I bought it with 68,000 miles and till this day it has almost 290,000 on it with stock turbo, stock injector new timing chain and new oil pump. The S-2 coil pack and it will run 11:99 with a stock d-5 converter, THDP and 7th inj. MAF Transltor BIG PTE front mount IC. I thought pretty inpressive for 290,000 beat to death miles and still running. Only other thing changed was valve springs. Original rear end even. This car has been truly amazing. It has always taken what I have given it and always seems to come back to life. It was exceptionally strong from day one. Maybe they all should have been driven by a 65 year old man with Alziemers for the first 68,000 miles!:D Altho a 1/4 panel has been replaced, (imagine that huh, at 65 it is hard to remember, turn into the skid or away from it,? Hrmm? ) Car is very sound and fast for the little mods and the miles that are on it. Anyway, Bunch more around too. Maybe a big sale coming up, Keep your eyes peeled.
I am 42 years old and still haven't learned, as I am not all there and guilty as the rest of you. ROFL;) These Cars are 10 times worse than any drug habit.
HEY>>>> If an addiction is a handicap, then why can't we claim an addiction to our cars and get the same treatment and beneifts a herion addict does as a handicapped person? LOL
Free medical, right for employer to pay for rehab and have to keep his job open when he completes and pay for his lost time? What kind of crap is that? I Want that deal,,,, I am addicted to my Turbobuick your Honor. CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE? To be honest I think it it more apt to happen than that pedifile Micheal Jackson walking.
People think he is a "god" when in fact , in all truth, he is a pedifile. Proven guilty or not , with what has been shown he is at the very least "not right".
Sorry for ramblin but just my views on a few things. Couldn't sleep.. LOL:p

Bruce
We4

Re: 42

Originally posted by WE4
These Cars are 10 times worse than any drug habit.

AMEN!!:D

A TR guru on this site once told me "either spend it on the car or spend it on dope"

Ive never heard truer words spoken...

BTW,just turned 26 and bought my 1st TR(84 T) when I was almost 18.Ive since sold my T and own 2 GN's.Ive loved these cars ever since I 1st took a ride when I was an 8yo.My cousin got a brand new one for graduation:)

I turn 38 this year and bought my T @ 25yr old. I remember them new on the lot,wanted one then,didn't have enough credit established and Dad wouldn't sign with me on one"them 6 cyl won't hold up!".
I have 1/2 interest in an 84 black/grey T parts car.:D

I bought my first TR at 35 last year, after drooling over them since driving my buddy's brand new one in 1987!!! Long wait but sure as hell worth it :D