alcohol AND propane

tracer

INOV8
Got my propain kit today. Looks great (OGS thanks for the easter eggs). I've already got a JC alcohol kit installed. I'm wondering what would happen if I left the alky hooked up and added propane to the setup. KABOOM?? Any thoughts?

You can do it. I dont think you will explode.

Notice I said "think"

Thanks for the encouragement. Is that you standing in the very back with your fingers in your ears?:D

Just remember, like they said in Ghostbusters, "Dont cross the streams."

It will be just like the back to the future car :D

Else completely detonation proof :D

Certain ideas never cross my mind..this was one of them ;)

Originally posted by tracer
Got my propain kit today. Looks great (OGS thanks for the easter eggs). I've already got a JC alcohol kit installed. I'm wondering what would happen if I left the alky hooked up and added propane to the setup. KABOOM?? Any thoughts?

TALK ABOUT OVERKILL................:rolleyes:

WELL, WHAT CAN I SAY.........YOU'RE RUNNING 10s, RIGHT?

It brings up some interesting points in my mind to be honest.

IPO claims that propane doesn't actually end up cooling the intake much. They claim that the propane has pretty much warmed up by the time it hits the intake. Im not sure on the OGS thoughts on this.

Propane is supposed to be a catalyst for gasoline just not as much as it is for diesel.

Propane and alcohol probably both raise octane

Alcohol/water has a very good cooling effect.

if the above is true, alcohol and propane work for completely different reasons and could possibly make one heck of a combo.

Propane for octane raise, better burn, and supposably lovers hotspots

then add alky for its great cooling effect and additional octane.

and apple and an orange could equal something nature never really intended here that on paper looks like it could possibly push normal gas to a higher level than race gas, and if not maybe we could run 85 versus 91-94 on the street. It's interesting to me at least.

Originally posted by mycarsucks

Propane for octane raise, better burn, and supposably lovers hotspots

So when I get around to installing my Propain kit I'm gonna get more nookie? Or will I just be better at it? :)

Thats a pretty good slip up. But does anyone have any technical info proving or disproving my theories?

Why does everyone assume that this will destroy things? Is there something that I'm missing that would lead me to believe it? I'm willing to bet that if you go back far enough to some of the origional posts about propane injection this same kind of thought was present. Heck, you still here some about propane tanks exploding when in fact if you get hit that hard you probably dont have anything to worry about anyway.

I'm not saying that it really has any benefits, but I certainly don't see the extreme danger in it that others are seeing.

It wont destroy anything. If you want to use both, use both.

Originally posted by BLACK Ttype
Running more boost seems to get me more nookie:D

I usually get "Clawed" from the female occupant when 25 PSI pegs the needle...You Buick guys have it made.. I need a bench seat to get more Monica's :D :D :D

Because there are people doing it already.

I may try it in the far future as just a precaution. Right now I'm a pretty stock hot-air that wouldnt benefit too much. However I still think it could have its benefits for performance and redundant safety. It's good to see that it's a possibility.