You can type here any text you want

align bore?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

is it neccessary to align bore the bottom end after doing the girlde and arp studs?

Bore then hone. If the bore is out of round or misaligned the hone wont correct it

Bore then hone. If the bore is out of round or misaligned the hone wont correct it

This without a doubt has to be one of the most ridiculious statements I
have ever read. If you don't have the ability to do something right don't
assume that it can't be done that is an insult to good automotive machinist
everywhere.

everywhere.

X2

statement

everywhere.

i agree

everywhere.
Its not ridiculous and i didnt say that anything could not be done. If the line bore is out then honing wont correct it. Boring will correct any problems with the main alignment/location if done correctly. You may be able to just hone it but if there is already a problem there then honing wont correct it.

On another note your budget roller cams were one of the most ridiculous things of all time and cost many TR owners thousands of $. Maybe not your design but you sold them. I guess all that had failures installed them wrong:confused:

i see it how he meant it

as in just honing the stock caps and everything will not correct any mis alignment or any inperfections

i didnt ask him yet but i just want to to for my personal knowledge

with the stock caps and everything just girlded does he have to align bore it or is he just going to hone it?

i see it how he meant it

as in just honing the stock caps and everything will not correct any mis alignment or any inperfections

i didnt ask him yet but i just want to to for my personal knowledge

with the stock caps and everything just girlded does he have to align bore it or is he just going to hone it?

Honing is all that is needed to make the holes round again. All you are doing is truing any distortion that the girdle causes to the main caps. In effect making them round again. Align Boring does not come in to play in this situation.

Its not ridiculous and i didnt say that anything could not be done. If the line bore is out then honing wont correct it. Boring will correct any problems with the main alignment/location if done correctly. You may be able to just hone it but if there is already a problem there then honing wont correct it.

On another note your budget roller cams were one of the most ridiculous things of all time and cost many TR owners thousands of $. Maybe not your design but you sold them. I guess all that had failures installed them wrong:confused:

x2

On another note your budget roller cams were one of the most ridiculous things of all time and cost many TR owners thousands of $. Maybe not your design but you sold them. I guess all that had failures installed them wrong.

Yeah and I was ONE !! of them !!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back