Alky Pump Tester....

In your face real time monitoring can be done like this! Have had this on my GN for a year now. So far holding up to meth use no problem.

Hood Mount Gauge Brackets

Came up with these dual hood mount gauge brackets. Have my fuel pressure on the left and a pressure gauge for the meth on the right. Meth pressure gauge goes up to 200 lbs. Have seen around 150 on it. Just teed in right before the nozzle.

Attachments

• dualgauges2.jpg
    dualgauges2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 677
Wow, John! If I had known back in the early 80's, you'd one day be a celebrity, I probably would have been a little nicer to you over all these years!;)

Congratulations, and we'll consider the cheeseburger you bought me on the way back from the track, payment for watching your kids when you made that run.

Very impressive. I thought i was the only maniac running that shortblock. Big congrats.

WOW.......Super impressed.....

You mentioned a new billet turbo...... PTE BB 71? what ex housing?
What cam?
What headers?
What are you usig for a DP and boost control? - external w/g?

I am so impressed with the times you run......you have really set the bar high.....

Keep it UP!!!!!

you have raised the BAR HIGH!!!!

the K I S S method is working

Keep It Super Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats JD

WOW.......Super impressed.....

You mentioned a new billet turbo...... PTE BB 71? what ex housing?
What cam?
What headers?
What are you usig for a DP and boost control? - external w/g?

I am so impressed with the times you run......you have really set the bar high.....

Blazer406, I went ahead and updated my signature...if some of the stuff is missing it's because I don't know or don't remember..or it's stock....I am really a pontiac guy, and this buick/turbo/efi stuff is new to me...I relied heavily on the buick vendor community to put the car together. Most of the car/engine parts came from Jack Cotton's, Gbodyparts, HRpartsnstuff, etc... and the turbo was bought from Holly (and Cal) Hartline..with an expressed warning to expect a shortened lifespan for the bottom end if I didn't show self control :)

I do hope to meet some of the guys on here in NC....I had the car at both BG and Reynolds this year and had a good time at both events, I hope others that have seen it can attest it's not a stripped out racer...I weighed it Sunday with wheel scales and it's now 3560 with me in it...except for the front bumper (added two weeks ago), most everything is still on/in the car. My dad bought the car new in '86 so the cage install was a bit of an issue for me.... but I also don't want to die in it!!.....plus I figure in 50 years it won't matter....as I assume my grandkids will have chickens living in it by then....:(

Thanks for letting me know what I can hope for. I have a very similar setup. I wonder what I am missing sometimes by not getting the BB option.

SO question is are you done? Are do you think there is some more in the tune/boost?

Thanks for letting me know what I can hope for. I have a very similar setup. I wonder what I am missing sometimes by not getting the BB option.

SO question is are you done? Are do you think there is some more in the tune/boost?

I'm not a guru by any means.....the HP potential for both are identical......for all practical purposes.......but the BB will give you that quicker spoolup with a tighter converter than the journal bearing. IMHO....IF you pick your converter wisely.....and the tuneup is there.....the times will be very similar......the journal bearing however will be less streetable....and feel more "laggy" when cruising on the street.

John,

What can I say.....I'm in awe to the simplicity of your combo...... I am amazed about the internal gate.....(been reading several threads where people are having issues controlling boost without a properly plumbed external gate). The ported GN1's.....the stock headers.....the 71 billet BB turbo.......143 mph......at relatively full weight regal! You are the man! 218/218 cam..... awesome.

I'd bronze it if I were you......

This is the result of not being scared to break stuff! :)

X 100000000 :biggrin: I get a kick out of some that will have a combo similar and run 11s with it.. oh ya.. "well I only run 18#s of boost so I won't hurt it" :rolleyes: Remember they are ALL goin to break at some time!! so beat the hell outta them while ya have it :p

This is the result of not being scared to break stuff! :)

I agree.....but even more importantly.....the combo and tuneup HAS to be there as well... just cause someone isn't scared to break stuff doesn't mean they will automatically run 9.60's at 143 mph.....

x 100000000 :biggrin: I get a kick out of some that will have a combo similar and run 11s with it.. Oh ya.. "well i only run 18#s of boost so i won't hurt it" :rolleyes: Remember they are all goin to break at some time!! So beat the hell outta them while ya have it :p

x1000000000000

couldn't agree more!!!!

Wow John

congrats...very very impressive..i knew you were fast..i am going to try and make NC with my old motor..being it's just 1/8 mile it might be able to take some more abuse:).....Bob

congrats...very very impressive..i knew you were fast..i am going to try and make NC with my old motor..being it's just 1/8 mile it might be able to take some more abuse:).....Bob

So your taking my approach of piston swap and let'er rip :D