All‐new Ultra High‐Flow CEA turbine wheels announced

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Hebron, IN – September 21, 2011 – PRECISION TURBO AND ENGINE has announced the addition of all new, ultra high‐flow CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) turbine wheels to their current product line.

Specifically engineered to produce massive power gains over older turbine wheel designs, usage of Precision’s new CEA wheels typically results in an average increase of 30‐45 horsepower over comparably sized standard designs. Furthermore, spool‐up time is improved when using PTE’s CEA turbine wheels to further reduce turbo lag.
Precision’s current 62mm turbine wheels will be replaced by the new 62mm CEA version whereas the current 65mm turbine wheels will be replaced with a newly‐developed 66mm CEA wheel. Utilizing an enhanced design, the new ultra high‐flow turbine wheels will come standard on all of Precision’s 62mm and 66mm turbine wheel equipped turbochargers that also feature our exclusive CEA compressor wheels. They are available in both air cooled ball‐bearing and journal bearing versions. These include the 5862, 6262, 6266 and 6766 units.

Additionally, all current turbine housing offerings will be available with the new CEA turbine wheels. Similar in concept to our CEA compressor wheels, these new CEA turbine wheels offer unparalleled performance and the best “bang for your buck”. The cutting‐edge technology found in Precision Turbo and Engine’s CEA turbine wheels and CEA compressor wheels is unlike anything else on the market today. PTE is committed to keeping racers well ahead of the competition by constantly innovating and engineering the most powerful turbos possible.

Precision Turbo and Engine, Inc
616A S Main Street, PO Box 425
Hebron, IN 46341
P: (219) 996‐7832
F: (219) 996‐7749
Precision Turbo and Engine: Turbochargers, Air/Fuel Delivery, Boost Control, Racing

66WHEEL.jpg

This is the official press release about our proprietary and exclusive 66mm CEA turbine wheel that was just released yesterday. What this means for the Buick world, is more power at the same boost level, when compared to the CEA 6765 that it displaces and quicker spool up. With the decreases in back pressure with this new turbine wheel and wanting to use an internally wastegated downpipe, it may be necessary to install the larger RJC internal downpipe puck assembly.

As you would need to port the wastegate hole in the turbine housing more than you normally could with a standard 1.5" puck typically used on the internally wastegated 3" and 3.5" downpipes. Or you could eliminate any doubt about boost control and run an external wastegate. The Precision .63 and .85 A/R 3-bolt turbine housings are available for these new units, as well as our T4 Tangentials in .58, .68, .81 and .96 A/R.
Stay tuned for more pictures and information too come about these new CEA turbine wheel equipped turbos.

Patrick

Is the turbo I orderd today going to have the old wheel or the new one? TA-6262.

Great to see new stuff coming to our old cars :)

Thanks Patrick. Is there a 6466 as well? I remember seeing pix from the show. Thanks

I just bought new a 6765 last month, paid all the money for it too.....:mad:

What about the pro mod style housing that's pictured? Will that be available for the small turbines?

TType85, yes, your turbo ordered to day will have the new technology wheel.

JP112_89, no word has been said about the 6466 that we had on display at the PRI show last year. But I will definitely be keeping everyone posted about it, once the word has been given.

TurboTGuy, what can I say, other than sorry about that. No word has been given about upgrades as of yet, just to let everyone know.

bison, the smaller all v-band turbine housing has been available all year for both style turbine wheels. (Actually, the 57mm, 62mm and the 65mm) The 57mm and the 62mm turbine wheels are available with a THV4-62 (.64 A/R) and a THV2-62 (.82 A/R) v-band turbine housings. They are made of the same cast iron material as our other housings. This new 66mm turbine wheel is available with the all v-band turbine housing pictured. THV2-66 (.82 A/R)

Hope this helps.

Patrick

TurboTGuy said:
what can I say, other than sorry about that. No word has been given about upgrades as of yet, just to let everyone know.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

No sweat Patrick, it's not as if someone set out to wrong me or something, but I'd be interested in hearing about upgrades as info becomes available, Lou Czarnota built my stuff, so if you would be kind enough to keep both of us in the loop as you hear new things, I'd appreciate it.

Patrick, will you be revising the chart you made for the comparison of the old and new turbos? It would be very helpful with these new changes. It's handy to have the chart for reference and things like converter stall, etc.

Oh, the 6466 might be interesting to try too.

bison, the smaller all v-band turbine housing has been available all year for both style turbine wheels. (Actually, the 57mm, 62mm and the 65mm) The 57mm and the 62mm turbine wheels are available with a THV4-62 (.64 A/R) and a THV2-62 (.82 A/R) v-band turbine housings. They are made of the same cast iron material as our other housings. This new 66mm turbine wheel is available with the all v-band turbine housing pictured. THV2-66 (.82 A/R)

Hope this helps.

Patrick[/QUOTE]This is great news. This style housing is a huge improvement over the 3 bolt style and will really allow us to get the most possible out of these compressor/turbines. What size is the clamp/flange on the inlet side?

Kevin, these wheels are smaller than the 68 wheel you have now.
If the new 66 wheel would out perform the 68 you have, that would really be something.

Attachments

• precision_65mm_turbine_exhaust_wheel_02.jpg
    precision_65mm_turbine_exhaust_wheel_02.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,257
  • precision_66mm_cea_turbine_exhaust_wheel_02.jpg
    precision_66mm_cea_turbine_exhaust_wheel_02.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,279
  • precision_65mm_vs_66mm_cea_turbine_exhaust_wheel_03.jpg
    precision_65mm_vs_66mm_cea_turbine_exhaust_wheel_03.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,289
  • precision_65mm_vs_66mm_cea_turbine_exhaust_wheel_04.jpg
    precision_65mm_vs_66mm_cea_turbine_exhaust_wheel_04.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,259
I have brand new 6765 here i got a few weeks back, I am a but pissed that i wasnt told about the future being so close.
Patrick, please look into this. I would rather update before it is installed.
Thanks

Patrick,
Will PTE be upgrading the 68mm exhaust wheel as well? And will you be creating a new chart for us so we can pick the right turbos?

Ed

I have brand new 6765 here i got a few weeks back, I am a but pissed that i wasnt told about the future being so close.
Patrick, please look into this. I would rather update before it is installed.
Thanks

Yeah. Doesn't really motive us to buy if we're not told that new things are right around the corner and we could get jipped on not getting the new gear..

This is a very common business practice.
Why would they announce they have something new, until they have used up the product they have stocked?
I have seen this over half a million dollar equipment...
I bet a lot of people don't know that they are constantly improving their compressor wheels with out announcing it too.
Some wheels are on their 3 version.
I am glad Harry and his team are still in the Buick market.
We are small enough that if not for loyalty it would be super easy for them to walk away.

This is a very common business practice.
Why would they announce they have something new, until they have used up the product they have stocked?
I have seen this over half a million dollar equipment...
I bet a lot of people don't know that they are constantly improving their compressor wheels with out announcing it too.
Some wheels are on their 3 version.
I am glad Harry and his team are still in the Buick market.
We are small enough that if not for loyalty it would be super easy for them to walk away.

True. I can't blame them for wanting to make money!

I know I'd be bummed if I just bought one and then I heard this. Maybe if there was a timeframe deal where if you ordered in the prior 2 weeks you could send it back and get an upgrade or something. That'd be cool to cover those who might have gripes.

Either way, they make some great stuff! No one can argue with that.

Too bad they don't offer an upgrade for newly bought turbos for a discount to midigate the purchasers that got skunked.

Guys, you should contact Precision and see what they will do for you.
For older turbos they just annouced an upgrade program on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionTurbo

Precision Turbo & Engine
Want to upgrade to our new CEA turbine wheels? The cost is just $550 and it includes the CEA turbine wheel (62mm or 66mm)
new turbine housing of the same A/R and design (when applicable), new bearings and seals (journal bearing turbos only) and labor.
Contact us for more information!