Aluminum Grand National Rims

Let's keep this on top.

This is one thing I have been waiting for...for a long time.

The GN rim makes the GN.

I haven't read each post in detail on this thread so sorry if this has been answered. Was there added material or mass for the aluminum to give the same structural integretity like wall thicknesses? Just curious if so if there is going to be a benificial weight loss advantage over the stock steel. And what finishes will you offer polished where the stock is chrome or simply machined finish? What kind of time frame for availability?

Thanks

Need 17" Gnx Wheels!!

There was mention earlier in this thread of the tire market concerning 16s, 17s, and 18s. Myself, I want wider high performance street tires that 255 in the rear, but the fact is that no one makes em. I want the sidewall height to look exactly the same as the 255/50/16 tires, but I really would like a wider tire. Sure, BF Goodrich makes 295/50/16, but it has a fat sidewall, not really intended for maximum effort handling, though I'm sure the tire is a good all around performer.

As far as 17" are larger wheels go, there is a tremendously better selection of maximum performance summer street tires, largely due to the OEM's trend of larger wheels.

So please make the 17" GNX wheels!:D

put me in for a set of the (15X7) gn wheels if you can keep the price around the 225 range

i like the idea of getting rid of the outside valley.
i like the idea of keeping the exterior bead lock.
it would be nice if they where compatible with the factory center caps

Sweet! Man, I'd really love to see the stock GNs in 17s... but GNXs in 17s works too. Might stop me from spending $2K on these Bonspeeds.

Attachments

• GT-b.jpg
    GT-b.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,256
Brian, the stock GN wheels don't clear rear disc setups cause they have a step down on the inside that comes in contact with the caliper. It's this step down that doesn't allow the use of the stock GN wheels & not the 15" size. Can't tell clearly from the computerized pics, but will these aluminum wheels have this same step down or not?

Brian, the stock GN wheels don't clear rear disc setups cause they have a step down on the inside that comes in contact with the caliper. It's this step down that doesn't allow the use of the stock GN wheels & not the 15" size. Can't tell clearly from the computerized pics, but will these aluminum wheels have this same step down or not?

Which rear disc setups are you referring to?

Very sexy

I'd be down for a set of alum GNs. Two 15x7s and two 15x8s.

Whats the word on the wheels?

Any updates on the aluminum GN/GNX wheels? Any kind of estimated time frame when they will be available? I'm trying to decide if I should buy tires for what I have or wait it out. I would be interested in a set of 17" GNX-style wheels.

cant believe its taken this long for someone to want to re produce an aluminum version of an 86/'87 GN wheel. The prototype GN wheel looks great!! If kepy around $225 or better id probably get a set. i like the lip with out the valley. though i don't know why you wouldn't go with a 16x8 as appose to a 15"? just for the simple fact that their is alot more tire optioned for a 16". Or even a 17" option would be cool. I assume the wheels are Clear coated?