Aluminum Radiators

mikestertwo

I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase an aluminum radiator for the GN. I see PTS, TR Custom, and G-Body Parts all sell one. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any fitment problems? I'm looking for one that's a plug and play, no mods needed.

I have the PTS radiator in my car. I love it. its a nice quailty piece its very light weight compared to the factory one and the cooling is awsome. His unit is a straight drop in replacement. The only thing i had to do is trim the rubber pads on the top that fit between the radiator and the hold down plate but that was very minor. I wouldnt look any further then PTS. As far as Gbody parts TR customs they also look like very nice peices but have no first hand experience with them. Which ever you chose im sure you will be happy.

rad..`

g-body parts worked fine.
me and a buddy did the swap in 30min and a 6 pack:)

install time for all the radiators should be around 30 min. Its all good as long as your buying from one of our vendors.

I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase an aluminum radiator for the GN. I see PTS, TR Custom, and G-Body Parts all sell one. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any fitment problems? I'm looking for one that's a plug and play, no mods needed.

hit this guy up, I have one of his radiators, top notch all lines hook up to it just like stock, and a great price too no fitting problems at all bolts right on..

GN1 PERFORMANCE his name is Archie get his contact info from his website, so far the best radiator I have seen up to date and half the price of a Bcool or anybody else, well constructed all alluminun, my car runs 162* to 172* all day long with dual fans in a 90* heat in stop and go traffic..

hit this guy up, I have one of his radiators, top notch all lines hook up to it just like stock, and a great price too no fitting problems at all bolts right on..

GN1 PERFORMANCE his name is Archie get his contact info from his website, so far the best radiator I have seen up to date and half the price of a Bcool or anybody else, well constructed all alluminun, my car runs 162* to 172* all day long with dual fans in a 90* heat in stop and go traffic..

+1:cool:

g-body parts worked fine.
me and a buddy did the swap in 30min and a 6 pack:)

Skip the 6 pack and you can do it in 20 minutes....:biggrin:

Whats the sense in that. :confused: The beer is what makes changing the rad worth while.

I have heard reports of temperature increases from this radiator.

Whats the sense in that. :confused: The beer is what makes changing the rad worth while.

I have heard reports of temperature increases from this radiator.

thats a false report, theres a fellow board member here by the name of FRED SCADRON that purchased a radiator and said it only had a 1-2 degree difference witch is bull, i installed it in my car,wifes,and buddies car and each went from around a 190degree to 165 now thats a impressive drop from the GN1PERFORMANCE radiator and alot cheaper than the becool, city driving is not a issue it still hold 165 degrees good radiator for the price.

thats a false report, theres a fellow board member here by the name of FRED SCADRON that purchased a radiator and said it only had a 1-2 degree difference witch is bull, i installed it in my car,wifes,and buddies car and each went from around a 190degree to 165 now thats a impressive drop from the GN1PERFORMANCE radiator and alot cheaper than the becool, city driving is not a issue it still hold 165 degrees good radiator for the price.

Im with you on this one too marred4life, saw a significant drop in temps when I installed mine, A+ service and great product, give Archie a call, you won't be dissapointed when you buy this very very nice Radiator. :)

How can you say it was a false report? Just because you had different results doesn't mean everybody else doesn't know lower from higher temps. The report I referred to was a back to back test between the GN1PERFORMANCE rad and the G-Body Parts rad to see which one cooled better. The G-Body Parts rad ran cooler vs the GN1PERF on the same car. What radiators did you replace with the GN1PERF? Were they stock? Cruddy? Recored? 20 years old? I'm sure new coolant was used when the swap was made. Hell I went from water/antifreeze to straight water with RMI-25 and noticed a big drop in that alone. There are all sorts of things that happen on a typical radiator swap that can/will affect the delta temp between the new and the old rads. I noticed another temp drop when I installed a new waterpump. I don't doubt your temp drops and won't call them false reports just because I know of different results from tests done. You shouldn't be so quick to accuse others of lying or rather making false reports simply because your experiences were different.

the test was performed with a new water pump that i had installed in my car 1month ago, a 2year old 160 tstat,ramcharger style fans and new chrome upper rad hose the stock radiator was recored 1 year prior to the swap and i always had access to new coolant:biggrin: so i have never had coolant in my car for more than a year. my wifes and buddies car are bone stock with original parts, so why did i see a good drop in temps with the bone stock cars:confused:

the test was performed with a new water pump that i had installed in my car 1month ago, a 2year old 160 tstat,ramcharger style fans and new chrome upper rad hose the stock radiator was recored 1 year prior to the swap and i always had access to new coolant:biggrin: so i have never had coolant in my car for more than a year. my wifes and buddies car are bone stock with original parts, so why did i see a good drop in temps with the bone stock cars:confused:

This isn't the first time someone has posted test "results" about GN1Performance's products. Now, I'm not saying anything about anyone's readings or results, but I've purchased products (not the radiator) thru GN1P and have nothing but great results. Maybe there is a little product rivalry we do not know about? Or, maybe we were just the lucky ones who purchased a good final product vice the norm?

Either way, I'm sure GN1P can get you what you need, along w/ GBodyParts, PTS, etc...

Hopefully, you'll get enough responses and will be able to make a final decision on something that will give you the results you want - good luck!

i have yet to see an outrageous price from ours vendors. all products are piced very well from what i have seen. Quality doesnt come cheap. Hell lets send a PTS,Gbodyparts,Gn1perforamce radiator to china have them make us a knock off and buy those. Whos in? People have done it to the headers hell lets send a whole buick over there and have them make us knock off grand nationals just so we can save a few bucks. this is getting old. mikestertwo you will be happy im sure just do some reasearch and you chose who you think is the best.

No false report here,just my own real life experience

i have had a loss of over 20 degress switching to a PTS radiator. then again when i did the swap i noticed my car had a 180 stat in it. :(

Same exact radiator that Gbody sells for $450 plus 20 shipping you can get from GN1 for $385.00 or maybe less if you work Archie up ;), he is a good guy and A+ seller to deal with, now lets let the person buying make their choice as to how they want to spend their hard earned money on a new radiator we done what we could pointing out the obvious. just my 02's.