Aluminum Radiators

Im starting to think that a new, original GM copper radiator with dual fans is the way to go now...

I've never had 1 person post they had overheating problems with ours. There was a recent post that a customer left the car running with no fan & it went to 245*. Then dropped down to 180 a few minutes later after he plugged in the fan.:eek: The entire time he was driving with a/c on & no fan the car never got above 180* in 95* heat.

The other subject I will take care of here in a little bit after I make sure my post will be ok with the administration.

Vader, good point about the conductivity of copper vs aluminum and the solder joints. So, why cant they make a copper radiator that has solder joints with better conductive properties? Then, that would be waaay better than an aluminum rad :eek:
Well solder isnt too thermally conductive. Ive heard of thermally conductive solders, but I havent seen them..havent really looked either, but I imagine the quantities needed for a radiator would drive the price through the roof. Another thing is that copper isnt nearly as cheap as it used to be. The price has really gone up crazy. Hold onto those pennies! Another thing with copper is the effects of electrolysis. Its always a good idea to add a ground strap to any radiator, copper or aluminum. Theres always a bit of current flowing through the coolant, which causes the copper to corrode really quick. Happens to aluminum as well, just not as quickly. As for blowing plastic end tanks off, if the radiator cap is working and the overflow tank cap is vented, its kind of hard to see this happening. Not to say it cant, I just dont get why. Besides, I think the F-Body radiator has some form of a burst cap that blows before the tanks can explode.

I am not knocking anyone's product here, I had good luck with the GN1 radiator and it was priced reasonable that is why I went with it, my car runs 162* to 172* at the most on very hot days, it was a straight bolt on and installed in less than 30 minutes, for what I see Gbodyparts and GN1 seem to have the same product from the same supplier except that GN1 sells at a bit lower price, if I clearly remember Gbodyparts was selling an alluminum radiator about 4 months ago that didn't have the accommodations for engine Oil lines or trannie cooling lines and I see now they do, good for them. :) .. NOW that PTS one looks pretty damn nice too. :D I like it how they kept the stock look to it.. if anyone Please be so kind to point out the difference to me between the Gbodyparts and the GN1 radiator other than the price I would be more than Happy to listen..

Gbody= made in USA,GN1 a chinese knock off. Proably a lot more profit in the GN1 for the vendor since it's made in China. Brians not making a killing on his either.

Bweavy, Anderson, and Bruce support the board.... The other guy supports ebay:rolleyes:

Not to get off on a tangent here....

Are GN1 Performance and Hye-Tech Performance related through blood, but not business? Had the worst automotive experience of my life with a particular garage and will never give them another dime.

Not to get off on a tangent here....

Are GN1 Performance and Hye-Tech Performance related through blood, but not business? Had the worst automotive experience of my life with a particular garage and will never give them another dime.

Blood related only not business, but I have heard Hye-Tech buys a lot of stuff from their cousin Archie :)

Gbody= made in USA,GN1 a chinese knock off. Proably a lot more profit in the GN1 for the vendor since it's made in China. Brians not making a killing on his either.

I am not asking for an explanation as to where they are made or who they support, trust me I support many of the vendors on the board and have spend thousand of dollars over the yrs on their products, my question was about physical differences between the G-body and the GN-1 radiator it is difficult to tell because I don't see any noticeable differences at all.

SO MY QUESTION TO YOU IS... DO YOU WORK FOR GN1 PERFORMANCE OR GBODY BY ANY CHANCE THAT WE DONT KNOW ABOUT? BEING THAT YOU KNOW SOOO MUCH ABOUT WHOS PRODUCT IS MADE WHERE, AND HOW. IF YOU DONT KNOW THE FACTS THEN I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR TRAP!!!!

AS FOR THE GUY WHO HAD AND ISSUE WITH EITHER HYE TECH OR GN1, THE 2 COMPANIES ARE NOT ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. AND IF I REMEMBER THAT CAR CORRECTLY HYE TECH WORKED ON HIS CAR.

NOW IF YOUR PRIDE IS THE PROBLEM HERE AND YOU WISH TO SUPPORT YOUR "VENDORS" THEN SO BE IT BUT DONT GO AROUND KNOCKING THE OTHER BUICK BUILDERS WHO DIONT "SUPPORT" YOUR BOARD.