You can type here any text you want

Am I nutz? What would you do?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
I hate to admit, but I have a really bad itch for a 1969 Camaro. I do like my Limited, but I like a 69 so much more. I would be looking for one as nice and clean as my Limited, a beautiful turn-key cruiser. They arent getting any cheaper and seems like the desireable ones are $20k + in price. I can always put a LC2 in it :cool: Only room in the garage for 1 toy, What would you guys do?

Jason

Attachments

• Camaro69SS34fr.jpg
    Camaro69SS34fr.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,327
I had the same itch but for a 71 T/A 455 H.O. 4 speed and sold my low mile 87 GN to get it.

Was cool for about 2 weekends then I wanted the Buick back...

Sold the TA and have owned 4 GN's since and 1 TTA....

I cant scratch your itch but know what I would do LOL:biggrin:

Ty

Just bought this.

Its MINT. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,197
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,179
I'm more of a Chevelle guy and have owned a few '69 Camaros and love them, but me personally just think the 67-68's are the best.

They look cleaner and sleeker. Not as 'bulbous' as the '69.

My '68 is a plain jane. No spoiler..no gauge package and dog dish hubcaps.

Just the SS package with a big block, 4 speed and 12 bolt 3.73 posi. ;)

The silver is sweet though.

Buicks are fun but lack a certain something that those older cars have, go for it if you want to.

You are so right. I had my 68 SS for about 9 years, and my 69 about a year.

Attachments

• 68Chevelle331.jpg
    68Chevelle331.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,409
  • Jasons69.jpg
    Jasons69.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,115
I say keep the Limited too nice to part with i know it's just a car and the 69 SS are sweet but if you get sick of the Camaro can you replace what you have now cause finding a nice Limited isn't that easy anymore and with that color just my 2 cents

You are so right. I had my 68 SS for about 9 years, and my 69 about a year.

Awesome! Here's my daily driver Chevelle in 1986. 11 to 1's, Rockcrusher and 4.56 gears driven 50 mile round trip everyday to work. :eek:

Also, My '69 DZ 302.

Attachments

• Re-exposure of ROB4.jpg
    Re-exposure of ROB4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,089
  • ROB1.jpg
    ROB1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • ROB7_-_020807.jpg
    ROB7_-_020807.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,067
Just bought this.

Its MINT. :biggrin:

Now that is COOL! Time to change the signature.

I, too, am a first gen F-Body fan. Way more than this poor broke ba$tard has but cool none the less.

I hate to admit, but I have a really bad itch for a 1969 Camaro. I do like my Limited, but I like a 69 so much more. I would be looking for one as nice and clean as my Limited, a beautiful turn-key cruiser. They arent getting any cheaper and seems like the desireable ones are $20k + in price. I can always put a LC2 in it :cool: Only room in the garage for 1 toy, What would you guys do?

Jason

Move the H*LL out of Missippi for sure.

Ive had my share of vintage Camaros,Nova's, Chevelles and Corvettes. I bought a 68 Camaro SS396 375 HP 4 Speed brand new. I loved that car. Been a few years since I sold it. I was thinking of selling my 87T and getting an older ride last year. That was before I had a ride in my buddies 70 Chevelle SS454 LS6 car last Summer. It reminded me of why I moved on in the first place. Beautiful car, but hated the squeaks and usual rattles. Not to mention the poor brakes and harsh ride. I guess I am just used to the Buick performance and comforts. I also agree, if you gotta have one, go for it. Life is short.

Attachments

• 1968 Camaro SS396( 375 HP) 4Spd 01 (Large).jpg
    1968 Camaro SS396( 375 HP) 4Spd 01 (Large).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,090
  • 68SS396CAMARO(84) (Large).jpg
    68SS396CAMARO(84) (Large).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,236
Ive had my share of vintage Camaros,Nova's, Chevelles and Corvettes. I bought a 68 Camaro SS396 375 HP 4 Speed brand new. I loved that car. Been a few years since I sold it. I was thinking of selling my 87T and getting an older ride last year. That was before I had a ride in my buddies 70 Chevelle SS454 LS6 car last Summer. It reminded me of why I moved on in the first place. Beautiful car, but hated the squeaks and usual rattles. Not to mention the poor brakes and harsh ride. I guess I am just used to the Buick performance and comforts. I also agree, if you gotta have one, go for it. Life is short.

Nice! Wow, your an original owner that sold just a few years ago?

I had a 67 RS that looked just like yours, but had white deluxe interior and a 210hp 327 and a p glide. It was 1 0f 210 that had power windows with a fold down rear seat. Sold it to buy my first house in 1989.

Here's my Chevelle now.

Attachments

• IMGP2697.jpg
    IMGP2697.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 981
I sold the 68 in 1980. So I guess it was more than a few years ago. lol. Sure can't argue with the body styles. They were beautiful cars back then. I am an old guy now, but I am glad I had a chance to own and drive my share of them. That Black Chevelle is just stunning.

damm old Chebby lovers :mad: :p Change is good!! ask Obama :eek: I am just worn out on Buicks to.. Cool cars but having something different renews your interest :cool: ok some of those cars are acceptable to me now to. old age squawking :cool: FORDS rule :p

Attachments

• 68Shelbyconv.jpg
    68Shelbyconv.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 974
Id love to have a DZ 302 69 Z28. Built with a 6 speed and shift that sucker 8k

damm old Chebby lovers :mad: :p Change is good!! ask Obama :eek: I am just worn out on Buicks to.. Cool cars but having something different renews your interest :cool: ok some of those cars are acceptable to me now to. old age squawking :cool: FORDS rule :p

Love the antenna:p

Awesome! Here's my daily driver Chevelle in 1986. 11 to 1's, Rockcrusher and 4.56 gears driven 50 mile round trip everyday to work. :eek:

Also, My '69 DZ 302.

MULLETT:biggrin:

Back