Another 09 SRT8 Challenger

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I was almost home from work tonight....less than a 1/2 mile to go....when I see this nasty sounding fox body stang going the opposite direction while I'm sitting in my left turn lane. He was slow rolling and looking back at me, then he picked up his cruise and moved on.

I thought to myself....I can U-turn here and have a good chance of catching him if he keeps going straight and hits a light or two to hold him up for me....

The light takes it's time turning green...GREEN....I flip a U and set after him but never caught him.

As I sat at another light waiting to turn right and re-plot my way back towards home....a real nice sounding 09 Challenger rolls by. Red with black, lowered and had these logo plates that said "SP"
Dinner is in the oven!!!!!

After he passed he gunned it, I turned in behind him and went after him. He had slowed back down a little as I caught up to him and I let the boost poofpoofpoof at him as I went by.

He worked in behind me as we went through the next light. Not a good spot for a race....we'd run out of room and end up in the Saddleback church parking lot before we could slow down. I'd get on the naughty list for sure.
Green...I accelerated fast enough to keep him interested and he stuck with me...but kept a comfortable distance.

We turned right onto El Toro at the next intersection. I rolled slow and let him come along side....as soon as he got along side, he nailed it....and so did I....:D

He got out about to where my front bumper was even with his back, and then I just walked around him. As I went by, I was sitting forward in my seat hanging onto the wheel at 10-2 like a goompa and rocking back and forth like I was peddling real hard as I looked over and made an old man face at him....to my surprise, his very cute lil girlfirend was looking back at me and laughing hysterically.....so I smiled and kept peddling:tongue: ..........and smiled some more.....:biggrin:

Once I was up on him about 3-4 lengths, I let out and let him catch back up.

He cruised by but he wouldn't look as I gave his girl a smile and a hang loose sign....and she smiled real big....what a cutie....

That was a nice looking and nice sounding Challenger. I was seriously expecting it to be as quick as it looked and sounded.
He was sporting a crew cut and a bunch of arm tats...guess he'll have to get a new one of his Challenger getting spanked by a GN.
Thaaaaaanks for the memories.......

Found it...or one that looks identical to it.
Built by Stack Performance....thus the "SP" logo plates.

Attachments

• 1735884_600.jpg
    1735884_600.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 802
There's gonna be stories about you on other car forums. You single handedly instill fear in the "look at what I just bought" new muscle car regime.

i love your kills. Keep killing.

Nice Kill!!! I wish i could have seen you peddling!!

I am going to have to quote you in my sig!!!!!

:biggrin:

a challenger is not fast

a few mods and our GN's are much quicker...

Now on the other hand

The challenger is a respectable car... the work they did to keep it looking like the original is amazing and the car is a blessing to our american tradition of muscle cars and originality... nothing else looks like that car on the road

Nice Kill!!! I wish i could have seen you peddling!!

I am going to have to quote you in my sig!!!!!

Oh stop.
You're gonna make me cry....:redface:

LOL

a few mods and our GN's are much quicker...

Now on the other hand

The challenger is a respectable car... the work they did to keep it looking like the original is amazing and the car is a blessing to our american tradition of muscle cars and originality... nothing else looks like that car on the road

Oh....make no mistake...I love the Challenger look. Beautiful cars and yes...Dodge did it right (other than the factory ride height)

The aftermarket is exploding with stuff to make them nicer/faster too...

I know Plymouth is dead and buried, but I wish they'd release the '09 Cuda proto I saw at SEMA a couple years back...That one almost made me wet my shorts.
Some savy designer needs to make that a over the counter kit package for the 09 Challenger....a Cuda conversion...
It would be easy...it's just the front grill and some treatments to the lower valance and facia.

What you need to do Tim, Is install a webcam on yer dash, plug it into laptop and get some film then start uploading onto youtube.

All I been getting is minivans

What you need to do Tim, Is install a webcam on yer dash, plug it into laptop and get some film then start uploading onto youtube.

All I been getting is minivans

If it couldn't be turned against me as evidence in court...I'd go for it.

Mean Chicken, you're my Idol.

I do however want a new Challenger. The local dealer told me they would have four or five 2010 models next week. I really can't afford one but I will have to go see them.
I think they look more like the Cuda than the old Challenger. :rolleyes:

Chicken I gotta know how many times you had to fill that alky tank this summer??? Worth every drop I'm sure!!

I top it back off pretty much every 1-2 days. By the time I've made it to work and back once or twice the level is down an inch or two so I top it off.

I typicaly buy another 5 gallon drum every 6-8 weeks....:biggrin:

I think we need to create a section just for MeanChicken kills. Maybe call it Raging Chicken.

MAN... you just LOOK for it don't you. Are you ALWAYS huntin? lol.
I tell ya, those challengers are freakin SWEET. Probably the coolest cars on the road today. Though, I bet that guy was back to his shop the next day mad as HELL. "Can't you make this car faster???" " I pay you 15 grand, and I get beat by a 21 year old BUICK???"

Nice Kill!!

Yes, those Challengers are NICE! I don't have anything against Dodge since I will soon be getting a 2010 Ram 1500 CC Hemi.

The aftermarket is definitely big for these cars. Check out this Challenger from Steve Saleen (SMS):
SMS 570 and 570X - optimized Dodge Challengers
He also does the same for the new Camaro and Rustang.

Nice Kill!!

Yes, those Challengers are NICE! I don't have anything against Dodge since I will soon be getting a 2010 Ram 1500 CC Hemi.

The aftermarket is definitely big for these cars. Check out this Challenger from Steve Saleen (SMS):
SMS 570 and 570X - optimized Dodge Challengers
He also does the same for the new Camaro and Rustang.

The first 09 Challenger I beat a few weeks back, the driver said he was on his way to SMS the following week to get the supercharger set up installed and would be sporting over 600HP when he got it back. His story was that SMS was going to do the insall and set up for free since he loaned his Challenger to them for the prototyping phases. Cool deal if it's true.
That one was black with silver and also very sharp. He had put red LED's into the hood scoops so they glowed red....very mean looking...in my rear view mirror.....:D