Another Dart Little M SBC build........

how far the the pistons sitting in the hole below deck or are they at "zero" deck ? how thick of a HG are you going with and what will be your final "quench" ? :) I'm thinking of decking the block accordingly if need be and having them .010"-.015" in the hole with a .030"-.041" thick HG (shooting for a .040"-.050" quench) . just in case I ever have to clean up the block again . :)

I don't know all of the details, I'm leaving it up to the engine builder. They should be putting it all together here pretty soon so I will know more then.

I don't know all of the details, I'm leaving it up to the engine builder. They should be putting it all together here pretty soon so I will know more then.

This a good idea just let your engine builder do his job. That way if anything goes wrong with the build, the blame could only go to the machinst.

V6Power87 Dusty is correct about the rear main cap.
You asked about the 12 points on the splayed cap. It is for clearance, a 6 point doesn't offer the room for wrenching.

BTW, nice looking build best of luck.

Ive always believed in higher than normal compression ratios for turbo cars, especially Buick V6 street motors, which can use the extra pop to get them spooled up. But more than compression cam design is most important.

My V8 is a tick under 9.0 cr. I dont think its hurt me any as far as making power with the parts at hand. You will be very happy with the combo.

Just got the engine home a few days ago.

DSCF0262.jpg

I picked up a Precision 98mm turbo, G trim 1.0 exhaust hsg. from a guy on Yellowbullet.

DSCF0213.jpg

Here pretty quick we can get started on the headers and motor plates.

I am not sure, But I am thinking this thing should run right up on the end of the roll cage cert. pretty easy. :) 8.50

You got that right. My 1st V8 was very similiar to yours, right down to the turbo. Except I had an 88mm restrictor in my 98mm to meet some class rules. It ran 8.30's at 165 with ease and I could drive it anywhere. I never pushed the combo to see how fast it could go.

DAMN:eek:.

Hey Dan you think it'll be ready before Turbo Thunder?

Should easily make 1200 to the tire. Mine is very similar and made 1120 RWHP@21.5 PSI with a loose converter and wrong valve springs.

Sean, Turbo thunder is a little to soon to get it going. :frown:

the camshaft was spec'd by Dan Strezo at DLS, Split pattern..... .620ish lift and 248in. and 244ex. duration at .050

Louie, If it makes 1200 to the tire I would be more than happy. I wonder how that would work or a 235 MT drag radial?? :)

looking good ! :) I like the thick flange on those valve covers . where did you get them ? :)

Wow that turbo and radiator install looks familiar...;) Yours is much higher though, which is a very smart move. Gravity drain correct ?

Do you have pics of crossover behind the radiator ?

Wow that turbo and radiator install looks familiar...;) Yours is much higher though, which is a very smart move. Gravity drain correct ?

Do you have pics of crossover behind the radiator ?

I think it is too far to gravity drain.... Im going to use a pump.

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0518.jpg