Another Dart Little M SBC build........

V6Power87

Well, After selling my Stage II engine, The V8 is going together.

Dart Little M 4.125 bore 350 mains
Callies magnum crank
Oliver billet rods
AFR 220 cnc'd heads
Billet solid roller cam spec'd by Dan at DLS
Here are a few pictures, More parts are on the way!!

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

Very nice! Do you know why on the outer splayed mains they used a 12 point headed bolt and on the inner mains, they used 6 pt?

I don't know. To be honest, When I got the block I wondered why it didn't have studs...... A few people said that with the bolts it could handle a lot more hp than a Precision 94mm turbo make.

are those JE "EXTREME DUTY 23º INV. DOME pistons or SRP's ? are you going with a 5.7" or 6" rod . I'm also in the middle of doing a VERY similar build twin turbo SBC . :)

any idea on the cam specs ? I had a custom billet Hyd Roller street/strip ground on the following :

238/232 @ .050"
115 LS
.608" lift on a 1.6 rocker (.570" on a 1.5" rocker)

Yes, they are the JE off the shelf piston with the heaviest duty wrist pin they make. The rods are 6".

Yes, they are the JE off the shelf piston with the heaviest duty wrist pin they make. The rods are 6".

very cool..and a good idea to upgrade the pins . :) I'll be going with the same pistons . I have a new set of JE SRP's and rings , but decided to go with the JE "EXTREME DUTYS" as well . any idea on the part # upgrade for the pins ? I contacted JE and have yet to hear back from them . :)

I doubt you'll get to the point of stressing the block with those heads. But I have found once you reach the 1500hp+ range the rear main cap really needs to be dowel pinned in place. The cap will walk and cause thrust bearing issues.

Even on a build like yours, I would dowel pin the rear main cap.

Hey guys how much extra machine work if any do the Dart Little M's need before final assembly ? are they generally bang on ?

Mine needed very little work but everything needs to be checked. Bore needs to be finish sized and honed. Touched up all the surfaces......cam journal, and lifter bores. Verified the line bore was correct. Installed a lifter valley screen kit.

Mine needed very little work but everything needs to be checked. Bore needs to be finish sized and honed. Touched up all the surfaces......cam journal, and lifter bores. Verified the line bore was correct. Installed a lifter valley screen kit.

that's good to know . thanks for info . :)

On my block, the main line had to be finish honed, It was a little too tight for. My machinists liking.

I am also doing the same build. One question and it may not matter to you but what cc head are those? I have dart pro 1 heads for mine that cc'd out at 70cc's and with that piston the compression was below 9to1. I wanted at least 9.5to1 and even thought about going to 10to1 with that bottom end I didnt see what it would hurt to get the most out of it. Just might be some thing to think about if you are doing any kind of heads up racing.

I went with the 65cc version, Should be about 9to1 according to JE.

how far the the pistons sitting in the hole below deck or are they at "zero" deck ? how thick of a HG are you going with and what will be your final "quench" ? :) I'm thinking of decking the block accordingly if need be and having them .010"-.015" in the hole with a .030"-.041" thick HG (shooting for a .040"-.050" quench) . just in case I ever have to clean up the block again . :)