Another Dart Little M SBC build........

I think it is too far to gravity drain.... Im going to use a pump.

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0518.jpg

I have a Weldon oil pump if interrested $200 shipped.

what radiator are you using? I'm trying to find a place to put a pt101. looks like a good idea. 4" or 5" down pipe?

Nice work on the crosover. I would try the gravity feed if at all possible. It doesnt take much for it to drain into the pan. I finally have the pump situation figured out, took some more fab work but it finally works as designed.

Just wondering, does the xpansion joint on your crossover have mesh inside or is it accordion? The mesh internals will come appart and cause you issues.

Sent you a PM.

The way these headers are, I am forced to run a pump now. :(

The flex pipe isn't the mesh on the inside, I had heard about the problems with that.

Just curious... how much horsepower do those engines make without boost? Louie yours to? Rough estimate? Looks nice! Keep posting those pics and good luck to all you guys!

A guestimate would be somewhere about a tick over 1hp per ci. So about 425-450 hp naturaly aspirated.

After seeing your motor plate, I decided to do one myself. Then, that grew to removing the radiator, fan, water pump, build a cm core support.....
4677e01f-b444-afc7.jpg

That looks nice Louie. Did you keep the engine in the same location?

My core support is cut all to hell, LOL. The radiator mounting and bumper mounts are CM now.

Very cool !! Is that a Edelbrook "Super Vic" on that ? what's the census of going to a mid plate ? is it HP related ? is it needed for a street/strip car that would go to the track 2-3 times a year that was pushing 750-800 rwhp ?

Very cool !! Is that a Edelbrook "Super Vic" on that ? what's the census of going to a mid plate ? is it HP related ? is it needed for a street/strip car that would go to the track 2-3 times a year that was pushing 750-800 rwhp ?

Yes I would use one on that much hp, unless you have some other way to keep the motor from moving around.