Another guess my 1/4 mile/HP thread!!

cabech984

Im getting my Turbobird ready for drag season again. I just ordered one of Razors kits:biggrin: and some other goodies!! My current mods have ran a best time of 12.20@112mph on a 1.75 60'(ran with mix of 93 & 110 gas)

My Current Combo:
90 Firebird w/ 3.8L swap
3500lbs w/ driver

3.8L 109 block (bored .030")
TRW Forged pistons on stock crank and rods
Stock heads, cleaned up and good springs
Erson 208/208 Flat tappet Cam
Stock Lower plenum
Kenne Bell 70mm upper intake and throttle body combo
Stock Headers(cracked drivers side)
TE44 Turbo(leaking @ header)
Stock Intercooler w/ no shroud:eek:
3" Maf pipe w/ K&N Filter
3" DP w/ external HKS wastegate
50# injectors
Turbotweak 93 street chip set to 18/20 degrees timing and 20psi boost
Scanmaster 2.1
TH400 junkyard tranny w/ 3200 Stall TC:cool:
GM 10 bolt w/ 3.23 posi
27-10.5-15 Hoosier slicks and 26-4.5-15 skinnies on Weld ProStars
Stock Carter/Napa Fuel Pump w/ hotwire kit installed:eek:

So far, Ive ordered;
Razors AlkyControl
RJC powerplate for KB Plenum
Kirban Performance High Flow Fuel pump
Duttweiller neck for stock IC
All Copper Exhaust gaskets(tired of leaks)
New Motor mounts

Plan to order:
F-Body Subframe Connectors
Line Lock
Airbag for rear springs
TurboTweak 93/94 Alky Chip
Sheet metal to make custom intercooler scoop

Anyways, what 1/4 mile times and Horsepower/Torque numbers do you guys predict in my future??? And what boost levels would you guys typically run? Assuming I got a problem free engine/transmission lol??? Thanks for the insight and thanks for looking!!!

Chris

Im bored, curious and not gonna have all my parts on until June/July! I need some bench racing to tide me over!!

25psi boost, alky and a good 60` I say 11.50s @ 120 and your car weighing about 3300 w/you in it that would be about 450 hp Just a guess.

I sure hope so! I got my Dutweiller Neck yesterday, should have the Alky Kit today!! I cant wait:D

25psi boost, alky and a good 60` I say 11.50s @ 120 and your car weighing about 3300 w/you in it that would be about 450 hp Just a guess.

ummmm..he said the car weighs 3500 with him in it:confused: .. 200#s off an F body isn't easy . To be realistic I'd say "maybe" high 11s @ 114.. You have to get the thing to launch and a good tune and it may go faster. we have gone 11.30s @ 121 in a TTA with a 44 turbo and blue top inj years ago SO it can do it:cool: oh you can run 25#s of boost BUT you better not screw up the tune up.. Things happen very quickly @ 25#s ;)

Things happen very quickly @ 25#s ;)

Yeah, this has me scared!! Ive been truckin around on 20psi on pump gas, Im sure some bad things are going on in that engine:eek: I'll be contacting TurboTweak for a good Alky Chip. Yeah, the car is approx 3350(without me in it), full weight(including full tank, full interior, and spare tire)

On a side note, I was skimming under the hood yesterday and noticed both headers have cracks in them, drivers side exhaust gasket leaking @ #5, the turbo flange gasket blown out, as well as 2 boost lines busted/disconnected:eek: I know all the exhaust mishaps were in place when I ran 12.20, wonder what'll happen when I fix them??