You can type here any text you want

Another noob tire size question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87BuickMan

I have what will work and look better on stock 15x7 wheels, 225/60-15 or 235-60-15? This will be for all 4 corners, I want the same size all the way around.

if i can only chose between the 2 i would go with the 235-60-15's. damn i cant even imagine putting the small of a tire on the rear of my car. i would be getting tickets all the time.

well, what the largest you can run on the front? I just want all 4 to be the same. It's not all modded like most peoples Gn's, mostly stock. Just has 009's, Reds 93 chip, TA49, Hooker exhaust and a test pipe.

Tires

:D I have 225/60/15 on my T Type. I like the lower height and wider tread. The gnttype.org popular tires and rims chart shows the 235/60/15 as stock size replacement. You are somewhat limited to availability in our stock size 215/65/15 tires. :smile:

My vote would be for regular BFG Radial T/A 235/60/15 up front, and BFG Drag Radial 235/60/15 out back, as even with your modest combination, you will have serious traction issues with regular hard as stone radials out back.

Here's the info.

Compare Tire Search Results

bf_radial_ta.jpg

BFG Radial T/A 235/60/15.
White letter or black letter, they are reversable.

bfg_gfc_drg_rdl2_ci2_l.jpg

BFG G-Force T/A Drag Radial 235/60/15
Black wall only.
These tires will definitely hook your combo on 93 pump gas, and not look like a race car. They will also behave rather nicely if driven daily.
245/60/15 will fit up front, but they will rub under full lock turns.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

Back