Another stock block in the 9's.....

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Yesterday Orlando Granada ran 9.98 @132mph at a track rental (Bradenton Motorsports Park)... Orlando has been trying for years to get that elusive 9 second pass and he has always been so close he could taste it (so many 10.0/10teen passes I've lost count):eek: Finally all the hard work has paid off!:) Also, it is important to note that he did this with a stock location IC (it's a PTE) and a Red Armstrong chip (guess you could call it Ohio style):D

Here's a basic run down of the combo:

-PT74GTQ turbo
-PTE stock location IC
-72's w/ a 7th injector
-Red's DPer
-Ported Champion iron heads/intake
-Duttweiler 214/214 flat tappet cam
-Red's 106 low timing chip
-200r4 w/ Art Carr NL 3800-4000 stall converter
-Full weight/interior (probably around 3550-3600lbs w/ him in it)
-Lotta boost!
;)

This was his first time out with the new combo so as he gets it sorted out maybe we'll see a 9.8x pass:cool:

Congrats to Orlando. That's impressive with those parts. Goes to show that lots of tuning (and putting hydrogen in the tires :D ) pays off.

wow that is really impressive with the PTE stock location intercooler...that's the fastest with that unit to date that I know of

Wow, I am so old I remember when a low 10 second stage 2 street car was fast. These 109 TSM Type Cats are crazy!

Congratulations to the Big O!
He probably had one when he saw the time slip! ;)

86brick: Can you give us some more info on the setup?

- What was the 60'?
- How much boost?
- All billet main caps, girdle... or both?
- Rods & pistons?

Good job!

Originally posted by J Banning
86brick: Can you give us some more info on the setup?

- What was the 60'?
- How much boost?
- All billet main caps, girdle... or both?
- Rods & pistons?

Good job!

Banning, I can't exactly remember the 60', but it was in the mid to low 1.4 range (I do remember that the car was 108mph in the 1/8th mile)... Also, the car got a little sideways on this pass so if he could have kept it going straight this might have been a better pass...

Boost? Over 30lbs..... After that I don't think it really matters;)

2 center billet main caps (no girdle), stock rods (ARP rod bolts), and either Diamond or TRW forged pistons (can't remember which he has off hand)...

Originally posted by azgn
is he still running the cold box on the IC?

Nope. He told me one of the main reasons he bought the PTE stock location IC is because he got tired of buying ice for his boxed stock IC... Can't say I blame him cause buying 20 bags of ice everytime you go to the track gets awful expensive after a while!

A few guys still think he may run the cold box (aka Mr. January);) on it when the summer rolls around and we don't have these 60* days, but I guess only time will tell...

Good Stuff...........glad he got it in the 9s!
Orlando is one of the guys that influenced me to see how far i could take my unrebuilt shortblock, too bad i never got his 60 foots!

Way to go ...Congrats, it has been a long time coming. Steve pass on the good word. Thanks for the update.

Shev

...and now for the $64,000 Question:

86Brick: What crank are you running? BMS, Eagle or...?

Congrats!

Morgan
'87 GN (only) high 10's ;)

Re: ...and now for the $64,000 Question:

Originally posted by Buicksx3
86Brick: What crank are you running? BMS, Eagle or...?

Congrats!

Morgan
'87 GN (only) high 10's ;)

Kryptonite:D

Originally posted by ULOSE2A6
Way to go ...Congrats, it has been a long time coming. Steve pass on the good word. Thanks for the update.

Shev

Will do Shev!:cool:

way to go, 9s w/o a girdle is pushing the envelope for sure, even with a girdle stock block 9s is a very exclusive club. You've definitely got balls of steel, lady luck on your side and some major brains to pull it off.

FYI

Great job on the 9 second pass it is never as easy as everyone thinks.

As for the girdle Dave Bamford doesn't use one either and as we all know he went 9.57 with his...

Originally posted by azgn
that's impressive! (so much for Bruce's IC theories:D....... )

First Congrats on the run.

Feel free to start a new thread, and we'll discuss them, it appears you're confused.