Another stock block in the 9's.....

Bret, will do!

Cheese, the 60' was a 1.52 (as you can see in the video the brakes were not holding) and the 1/8th mile MPH was 110nchange...

Originally posted by Bobs rare 6
Awesome! What is his total combo?

Basic rundown...

-.020 over 109 block
-stock main caps (no girdle)
-stock crank
-stock rods w/ stock bolts
-wiseco pistons
-214/214 flat tappet cam (unless he has changed it since then)
-champion ported iron heads
-ported stock intake
-pte 19 row stock location ic
-pt74gtq turbo
-3.5" fender dump
-atr headers
-72lb injectors w/ 7th injector
-red's double pumper
-stock ecm with red's 106 chip
-200r4 trans
-art carr nl converter (think it's around 3600-3800 stall)

And as I said the car is about 3550-3600lbs w/ him in it...

Sorry to bring this back up but I wanted to say Congrats and thanks for the list of upgrades on that car. I like comparing my combination with others with "almost" simular timeslips. My best time was a 6.53 at 107 with a 1:45 60'. (years ago) This was with 30psi of boost. Maybe I should've turned it up to 35 or maybe even 40psi :eek: Would've liked to know EXACTLY the amount of boost he was running. Seems like boost numbers are never posted if its very high. :(

His combination:...............................................My Combination:

60'-1.47............................................................1.45
330'-4.13
1/8-6.37...........................................................6.53
MPH-108.64......................................................107.39
1000'-8.33
1/4-9.98
MPH-132.02

-.020 over 109 block......................................stock block
-stock main caps (no girdle)...........................Steel caps with girdle
-stock crank....................................................same
-stock rods w/ stock bolts...............................same
-wiseco pistons...............................................stock pistons
-214/214 flat tappet cam.................................214-210 roller
-champion ported iron heads..........................stock heads ported by myself--not flowed
-ported stock intake........................................stock ported raised runner intake
-pte 19 row stock location ic...........................2.5 stock intercoolers (extended stock location & stock one up front)
-pt74gtq turbo.................................................TE-70 turbo (from 1997)
-3.5" fender dump...........................................3" single shot
-atr headers....................................................ATR headers
-72lb injectors w/ 7th injector.........................55lb inj with a 72 and 40 in upper pipe
-red's double pumper......................................2 in-tank Modern Muscle "muscle pumps" (old)
-stock ecm with red's 106 chip.......................stock ecm with my own burned chip
-200r4 trans ..................................................200-4R
-art carr nl converter 3600-3800 stall)...........Precision 9.5 "O" pump (about 3200 stall)

... about 3550-3600lbs w/ him in it................about 3450-3500 with me in it.

Hopefully, now that I'll be putting on GN1-R heads I'll be able to get a 9 sec pass.....but probably not. :(

I promise you one thing, Orlando is NOT afraid boost lol. My bone stock short block car has been running mid 10s for more than 3 years....no blown head gaskets and no real trouble. I took it out last night and torched an old big block Chevelle. I think the key is the tune and the fuel. I use a double pumper, 72 lb injectors and FAST. Champion ported irons, 3600 lb + car :)

Turbo1dr said:
Sorry to bring this back up but I wanted to say Congrats and thanks for the list of upgrades on that car. I like comparing my combination with others with "almost" simular timeslips. My best time was a 6.53 at 107 with a 1:45 60'. (years ago) This was with 30psi of boost. Maybe I should've turned it up to 35 or maybe even 40psi :eek: Would've liked to know EXACTLY the amount of boost he was running. Seems like boost numbers are never posted if its very high. :(

His combination:...............................................My Combination:

60'-1.47............................................................1.45
330'-4.13
1/8-6.37...........................................................6.53
MPH-108.64......................................................107.39
1000'-8.33
1/4-9.98
MPH-132.02

-.020 over 109 block......................................stock block
-stock main caps (no girdle)...........................Steel caps with girdle
-stock crank....................................................same
-stock rods w/ stock bolts...............................same
-wiseco pistons...............................................stock pistons
-214/214 flat tappet cam.................................214-210 roller
-champion ported iron heads..........................stock heads ported by myself--not flowed
-ported stock intake........................................stock ported raised runner intake
-pte 19 row stock location ic...........................2.5 stock intercoolers (extended stock location & stock one up front)
-pt74gtq turbo.................................................TE-70 turbo (from 1997)
-3.5" fender dump...........................................3" single shot
-atr headers....................................................ATR headers
-72lb injectors w/ 7th injector.........................55lb inj with a 72 and 40 in upper pipe
-red's double pumper......................................2 in-tank Modern Muscle "muscle pumps" (old)
-stock ecm with red's 106 chip.......................stock ecm with my own burned chip
-200r4 trans ..................................................200-4R
-art carr nl converter 3600-3800 stall)...........Precision 9.5 "O" pump (about 3200 stall)

... about 3550-3600lbs w/ him in it................about 3450-3500 with me in it.

Hopefully, now that I'll be putting on GN1-R heads I'll be able to get a 9 sec pass.....but probably not. :(

You have the hardware to do it. The new heads will help but i dont know if you will use that big intake valve. You also dont need a 74GT to get there.

Travis, Orlando ran low 10's for several years with the stock shortblock (down to the stock main caps) so I wouldn't doubt this one lasting a good while for him...

Please don't say he was on 91 octane also ! This guy must be a magician I guess anythings possible. To run that quick he has to be putting out at least 800H.P. all this on a stock bottom end with a flat tappet camshaft. Who are you kidding.

I ran 10.50 at 134mph+ with a terrible 1.73 60 foot time with a bone stock bottom end and bone stock manifolds with iron heads at full weight minis a.c. so it can be done!

9's

congrats. Seems so many buicks are in the 9's now. Kinda like the 11's used to be the thing. Now 11's are lame :eek: ;)

Firstly, I am sure it is no longer the stock cam, but I can't say whether it is flat tappt or roller. Mine was a billet roller. Secondly, I am positive it was on race gas, not 91 octane. My car went 11.43 on 94 octane with less boost and timing. Basically a full second slower.

Oops, I forgot one last comment. While 11s are more common today than 10 years ago, I don't think anyone here thinks any 11 second buick is lame.

Please don't say he was on 91 octane also ! This guy must be a magician I guess anythings possible. To run that quick he has to be putting out at least 800H.P. all this on a stock bottom end with a flat tappet camshaft. Who are you kidding.

Lou,

He was on C16, but yes his car ran low 10's for several years on a stock shortblock with a flat tappet cam.... Really no magic to it at all, lotta boost and good tuning.. Plenty of other guys down here can vouch for Orlando and his car, so I don't see any need to convince you of anything.. Don't hate on the guy for doing more with less just because you may not be able to the same.

I what lou ment to say was...in a nicer way

here on the westside, it seems no one is having the luck and times as many of the east coast guys. We in california are just wondering where the missing link is. Great times AND Nice build up! I hope to have this kinda of luck lou :) 9's is impressive, but really 9's is just amatter of money now a days as someone said earlier. 11's n 10's used to be the sizzle, now it seems as everyone is chasing that magic niner! It is a exclusive club to be in though, i can only dream of that for a few years, nice cars! And congratz! WHERES THE VIDEOS??? I wanna see that 9 second car go for a drive on the street!

Anyways, Im impressed with JEFF's 1.3 60FT on the FOOTBRAKE! the 9's can be had with parts n good tuning. But a 1.3 60FT on footbrake is just incredable driving, and shows a good understanding of his own car. JEFF is one with his machine hehe. That is impressive to watch. Nordy will be in the 9's soon enough, so will RAY, BRENT, and a few other guys. I just want to be like the guy above......10's, stock girdled block for 3+ years, and according to their parts list, I should have no problem with 10's once i get a t66 :)

later darkside

Lou,

Plenty of other guys down here can vouch for Orlando and his car, so I don't see any need to convince you of anything.. Don't hate on the guy for doing more with less just because you may not be able to the same.

:eek:

I get hate mail running high 11s with my setup :eek:

I what lou ment to say was...in a nicer way

here on the westside, it seems no one is having the luck and times as many of the east coast guys. We in california are just wondering where the missing link is.

later darkside

Turn the timing up and stop turning the boost up when the car stops picking up power.

Surely the boost level was high, the heads probably didnt flow that great.

Man this is a oldy!

BW

Only video I have of Orlando's car is this one Sully hosted on his site of him running the 9.96 @137mph at BG in 2005....

http://www.v6racing.com/videos/bg2005/orlando996.wmv

Here are some old pics of his setup that he ran in the 9's with, notice the PTE stock location IC and the stock MAF... Not many cars in the 9's with either of those. His combination is most likely subject to change when he decides to bring the car back out...

Attachments

• orlandosmall2.JPG
    orlandosmall2.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 152
  • orlandosmall3.JPG
    orlandosmall3.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 172
  • orlandosmall4.JPG
    orlandosmall4.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 182