Another stock block in the 9's.....

Lou,

He was on C16, but yes his car ran low 10's for several years on a stock shortblock with a flat tappet cam.... Really no magic to it at all, lotta boost and good tuning.. Plenty of other guys down here can vouch for Orlando and his car, so I don't see any need to convince you of anything.. Don't hate on the guy for doing more with less just because you may not be able to the same.

Who said anything about hate? I just think it's a bit far fetched to be doing all that,as claimed. I just think maybe a few details may have been left out? Thats all. Just remember I was running 8"s in the early 90's with a 221 in Buick. Held SS/DX record in 94 I know what it takes.Thats why I question all these 9 second claims out of so called stock engines.I've been doing this when you were probably in diapers so go tell that to the newbes, cause I ain't buying it.

Who said anything about hate? I just think it's a bit far fetched to be doing all that,as claimed. I just think maybe a few details may have been left out? Thats all. Just remember I was running 8"s in the early 90's with a 221 in Buick. Held SS/DX record in 94 I know what it takes.Thats why I question all these 9 second claims out of so called stock engines.I've been doing this when you were probably in diapers so go tell that to the newbes, cause I ain't buying it.

I wasnt saying hate towards you personally. I did read the local thread in cali bout that one guy..

You know a whole lot more than the rest of us, why wouldnt you come here more often to help the rest of us out?

Ive never read a thread here about anyone running 160lb injectors with a fast setup, on meth with a glide.

Nobody here posts fast setups.

BW

no meds?

I wasnt saying hate towards you personally. I did read the local thread in cali bout that one guy..

You know a whole lot more than the rest of us, why wouldnt you come here more often to help the rest of us out?

Ive never read a thread here about anyone running 160lb injectors with a fast setup, on meth with a glide.

Nobody here posts fast setups.

BW
I aoplogize for coming off a little wrong. My fault. I've been helping out this one fellow underboost with his stock engine GN got it to run some 6.90's & the crank broke. It was on c-16 with a safe tune when that happened .I have had several other simular experence's through the years.Thats why I flipped when he e-mailed me this thread.I haven't paid much attention to the east coast guys.So I really have to admire what you have accomplished. Anyone that can get a 109 block in the 9's & can get it to live I have to respect.Out here in CA. we may have hot weather but that's about it anymore.The east coast has excellent tracks & cool conditions perfect for turbos.We have low humidity, dry conditions & a couple of lousy tracks.One of the reasons I no longer own a race car myself & have to be content helping others.Plus the level of enthusiasm you guys have is hard to beat.Yes I would be foolish not take my hat off to the east coast crowd.I'm orginally from upstate N.Y. & haven't never gotten into this CA.mentality. I need to be where the action is. So if I come off a bit envious that's the story.Good luck Regards Lou