Another, what will she do???

1chance

Ported heads, and intake,hotwire,CPT66,dutwiler IC stock, 60lb inj, 3200 stall,210/215 roller, home made alky, new trans, 26 BFG DR, 4340 crank.

What boost?

Potential ET or average ET?

What kind of suspension work/tires do you have?

the first 60 feet play a major role in possible ET's.... boost also is a key player....

Will run aprox20 psi, suspention is stock, but has been lowered. Just want possible 1/4 ET.

Guessing mid 11's on 20 psi... and good air... and a good 60' time.... this is assuming you have enough tires to net good enough traction for sub 1.60 60' times.... if your 60' time slips back near a 2.0.... you might only go low 12's...

The turbo is capable of mid 10's... but at higher boost and more complementing mods...

Thats all, anyone running this turbo in the high 10s? What do i need to do pump up the boost?

MAYBE high 11s low 12s.. like he said 60' makes a big difference and if the tune is way off it can have you running in the 13s .. Have you run with this set up before ??

No this setup will be all new. 210/215 cam, heads, and intake, and crank was added, with the stall. Went from a t44, to a 61, and now going with a CPT66.

Thats all, anyone running this turbo in the high 10s? What do i need to do pump up the boost?

Air/Traction/Tuning this is key.... there are plenty of guys with more parts than you got that haven't even run 11's yet.

On the flip side.... there are people that have run low 10's with a 66.... one even ran 9's... with a shot of juice....

As far as cutting the boost up... you must have a good handle on the tuneup... before you start cranking the boost IMHO... or you are asking for trouble.

23-25 psi... and you have 10 sec potential... can even do it on pump gas and alky....but the tuneup has to be spot on... the air needs to be good... and the 60' times MUST be there to have a snowballs chance at a good ET....

Listen to Grumpy... he has been there and done that... I'm just a wannabe at this point...... Maybe soon I'll have mine back on the road... and get some slips for my beast.

IMHO... the parts in my sig should yield 10.50-10.90 on pump gas and alky... on 24-27 psi boost...with a stellar 60'.... but you know what they say about opinions....

HTH

Thx for the replys, i was hoping it would at least out run my 03cobra, i will see when it gets back.

Cottons BB66 is my favorite of all the turbos I have used, with a 1.58' 60' the car has gone 10.80's on 20# boost, the champ aluminums are partly responsible. That same evening with dew settling down on the track the car went 11.1 @124 with a 1.78 60' and 22# boost. The potential is there with a good tune. Good luck

Datar

Ok now i can hope, my heads are champ irons, but i dont have the FMIC. Your car is fast, my cam is a little diffrent dont know if it will help, or hurt. Is your car street friendly?

11.50 at 23psi. The intercooler is killing the combo. A Front mount or good stock location will take off half a second at 25-27psi boost. You will need to add a bunch of fuel with a better intercooler and more boost. You could try turning up the boost but it wont do much with the intercooler you have.

I have a friend with a FMIC and his car heats up in the summer, i dont like my car to get to hot. What will a stock location one do over the stock one? Are they cheaper than the FMIC.

So far ive got 12.15mph @112, thats in the streets on my G tech. Im leaving on 2lbs boost, 60ft 1.8, 21psi boost, timing at 22/20. O2@ 786, with homemade alky kit. I bump the timing today, but havent timed it, but throttle seems more responsive. Will porting throttle body help any? Trans seems to be gliding more, should i put a diffrent type fluid in it? Shifts good cool, but hot it seems to glide. Also have lockup, havent used it yet, when should it be locked?