Any ET Guesses? That Time of Year Again...

SpeedRacerX

Headed to the track this month. Time to see what the new mods can do...

Last Fall, car ran 11.8's @ 114-115 with a 60-foot in the 1.63-1.64 range. E-brake launch at 10# or higher. Key mods were TA49, CASV4, Alky, 23'ish pounds of boost, 3" Downpipe, dump and all the usual small bolt-on mods. My signature has full mod list.

Additions this year include: Work billet 6262 turbo, 60# injectors, RJC 315-XTF front mount, built transmission with Husek 3021 TC and misc. supporting mods. I'll look to creep up on 25# of boost with the alky, maybe more if the O2s and KR look good.

Questions:

1. Any possibility I can see a 10.9x out of this?? Heads are still stock. Or should I be aiming for 11.2-11.3?? Car weighs approx. 3,800 with me in it.

2. With 93 octane and alky, could I add some race gas at the track for added safety or does that screw things up?

3. I have a 27" tall drag radial and a 28" tall drag radial. Any suggestion on which to use? I'm thinking the shorter one.

Thanks for the input fellas!

OK I will guess maybe a half second faster with your new mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I will guess maybe a half second faster with your new mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I'll be happy at 11.50 or better and will be ecstatic at 11.3x.

I was running around yesterday on 26-27# with the dump open, alky on 5, O2s still 800 and 0 knock. Car seems to be running well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1-I think 11.5 is pretty doable.
2-Not sure I don't have alky and haven't used race gas for years but I believe a splash won't hurt.
3-I ran 11.25@118 with 27" 255/60 ET Street R's and I think a 28" will help
And I have a question...I pull 1.65 60ft leaving at no boost around 2800rpm and you as well as others leave on boost and pull similiar 60ft times/anyone know why that is?

1-I think 11.5 is pretty doable.
2-Not sure I don't have alky and haven't used race gas for years but I believe a splash won't hurt.
3-I ran 11.25@118 with 27" 255/60 ET Street R's and I think a 28" will help
And I have a question...I pull 1.65 60ft leaving at no boost around 2800rpm and you as well as others leave on boost and pull similiar 60ft times/anyone know why that is?
That's a great question you have. Maybe if you left on boost, you'd run a 10.9.

All things equal and having traction, leaving on boost should produce a better 60 and et I would think.

Like to hear what others think.

Last time at track I tried 4# but spun, prep wasn't all that great. I'm on 93 pump and 2 cans of VP Octanium octane booster. A 10.9 would be awesome!

Speedracer, any updates on this? I’m curious as to how much improvement you saw.
Targeting Sat 11/17. If the weather stinks, then Black Friday. Car is at the mechanics right now to replace rotted out upper a arm bushings then I need an alignment.

Have a small group going including my best buddy who has a Challenger Hellcat and my cousin who has a beautiful 67? Dodge Coronet convertible with a built 440.

Should be fun.

Braved the 20'ish degree temps this morning to make it to Atco only to find out they closed the track today because it is too cold. Shame, my car is running like a pissed off momma bear. I never considered it could be TOO cold. They must have updated the site very late last night because neither my son nor I saw the update until we wondered why the gate wasn't being opened at 10.

Oh well. I could go this weekend but my son is working and this is sort of our thing to do together plus he's a great pit person :)

Was really planning for this for months. Even fixing stuff laying on the garage floor at night this week.

I'll get there. This car definitely has low 11's in her.

The faster your car gets you will thank them. Sometimes it's to cold. Track needs some heat it in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk