You can type here any text you want

any interest in a 90mm Accufab TB?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

simple

i bought an Accufab 90mm Ford TB i was going too use on a super victor conversion i was going to do for my LT1 and have since parted my car out
i still have this for sale and its new never been used

$250 new
sell for $225 shipped via fedEx Ground
comes with gaskets and stickers
i can get pics of it

Steve

turbo_canuck said:
i'll take it, take paypal?

i'm waiting too get pics up (tomorrow sometime)
"BAGN" has 1st dibs. if he doesnt want it, then its all yours. i do accept paypal but you have too cover the paypal fee if a credit card is used

Steve :)

sorry for the delay fellas but here are the pics as promised
like i said, new never been used :) (i put the CD in there for reference)

Steve

Attachments

• PB210128.JPG
    PB210128.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 104
  • PB210129.JPG
    PB210129.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 93
  • PB210130.JPG
    PB210130.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 81
  • PB210131.JPG
    PB210131.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 79
  • PB210132.JPG
    PB210132.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 74
simple said:
. . . "BAGN" has 1st dibs. if he doesnt want it, then its all yours. . .
Thanks for 1st dibs, But it looks like I'm gonna have to pass. Christmas shopping started a little early for the kids this year. I'm sure you won't have ant problem selling it.

BAGN said:
Thanks for 1st dibs, But it looks like I'm gonna have to pass. Christmas shopping started a little early for the kids this year. I'm sure you won't have ant problem selling it.

thats cool and understandable :)

Steve

The Accufab 90mm TB is a nice piece, but keep in mind that the throttle lever is welded to the shaft and it is designed for a Ford product.

I had a devil of a time figuring out the linkage to work properly. I accidently bent the thottle shaft when the motor backfired. I ended up sending it out to Kinsler FI who made a really nice throttle shaft, lever and return spring that works great.

I gave the old linkage to Scott who posts on this board from time to time. This picture of the linkage may help you in case you have the same problem I did.

Dave

Attachments

• s2 done6.jpg
    s2 done6.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 178
turbo_canuck said:
Does that mean it's mine?

certainly, i was just waiting for you too PM me if you still wanted it :) we need too discuss the shipping since you are in Canada

and like turbodave said, its not a direct bolt in piece. but can definately be made too work

Steve

Yep. i'll take it, no need to worry about shipping, i have a US address as well. i'll pm it to you. what addy do i paypal to? Turbodave, thanks for the great information, I'm sure it'll come in handy. My setup is going to be almost exactly like yours, would you mind telling me how you set up coil pack/module bracketry?

turbodave231 said:
The Accufab 90mm TB is a nice piece, but keep in mind that the throttle lever is welded to the shaft and it is designed for a Ford product.

I had a devil of a time figuring out the linkage to work properly. I accidently bent the thottle shaft when the motor backfired. I ended up sending it out to Kinsler FI who made a really nice throttle shaft, lever and return spring that works great.

I gave the old linkage to Scott who posts on this board from time to time. This picture of the linkage may help you in case you have the same problem I did.

Dave
dave ---that is a killer looking motor!! who did your down pipe?

Thanks for the compliments on the motor. The downpipe was done by Wolfe Aircraft from a model I supplied. I don't have the fab skills of Kendall, so I had to pay to get it done.

I think Scott can give you a template for the throttle lever I gave him. I'd suggest one change to include an option for an additional return spring. I wasn't too thrilled with Accufab TB's lack of return spring pressure. I used a Lokar cable and I like the way it worked out. I anchored the cable to the right side fuel rail with a small L shaped bracket.

I mounted the coilpack on a flat plate that I cut from a piece of 1/8 plate steel. It mounts to the two rear "carburetor" studs. I originally built a support bracket for the rear of the plate that bolted to the 2 rear intake bolts. I found I didn't need the bracket so I eliminated it.

My fuel pressure regulator is mounted underneath the coil mounting plate. I don't like the location but I didn't want it on the firewall. I'll probably relocate it to the inner fender in the future.

Dave

Norbs,

If you can show me Waste Spark is costing me HP, I'll switch. I already have a distributor. Lots of guys are running way faster than I, and still using DIS. That doesn't mean that they aren't giving up HP. I'd like to hear the theory behind the claim.

Question: Are you talking about using a crank trigger to fire the coil and a distributor to just handle the secondary distribution?

I beleive Bruce P. has the right idea by going to a coil near plug setup for each cylinder (LS1 Gen III V8). This eliminates waste spark, increases coil dwell time and keeps the ignition events triggered at the crank.

Looks like we're highjacking someone's TB thread.

Dave

Sorry, i have no proof except what the guys on this board say. No one has slowed down using a distributor ...from what i have seen on this board.

Back