Any suggested mods for a stock 85 gn?

im just saying it can be done with win aldl and it also logs your data for you too look at in your easy chair lol . the win aldl program reads the ecm also at a fast rate (ive never timed it )but its plenty for reading the slow data rate of these older buicks . I figured the scanmaster must be plug and play for the price of it. Sure hands down if i had my choice and lots of$$ to sink into a 30 year old car ,ide use the easiest scantool too . I wasnt comparing the two i was answering the question about how it works and how its used to tune

let me take a wild guess your one of these guys that couldnt get win aldl to work in the first ten minutes.

I am one of those guys that is willing to spend the $$$ where it is most important. For $500 you can have both setups. Cheap insurance policy to protect my investment(s). Do what you will with your car...that's your perogative. I am beginning to see brads point of view with you...no need to bash on people when their opinions differ from yours. Good luck.

careful now youll hurt my feelings lol . I love how you guys argue everything that can save the average joe hundreds of dollars just because

One inexpensive change that will wake up your car is a cold air intake ! When I changed mine out .. it was very noticeable , When doing mods it is also good to do one mod at a time so that if you don't get one right you save time trouble shooting.

careful now youll hurt my feelings lol . I love how you guys argue everything that can save the average joe hundreds of dollars just because

<<<<<<--------- Average Joe!!!! I'd rather take my time, save up, and do things right. There are no cheap shortcuts to dependable performance.

I have been building cheap performance for years for a claimer class dirt race car. The trade off is constant internal maintenance. A one day quicky rebuild on a SBC is a far cry from working on a motor that pushes the limits like a turbo 3.8. That is why I'd rather listen to the majority here that have years of hands on experience with these cars. There are many great ideas - none of which should be discounted (Except : "Save a buck and go the cheapest way out") Usually it's the guy that cheaps out that is walkin'!!:p

saving money and doing things right is a different story,and your comment of 30 year old car is ludachris,do us all a faver and yourself give it to someone who appreciates what it is,or go to autozone and get you a chilton since nobody makes sense to you ....o_O

lol seems like some here can dish it out but cant take it . theres a reason you have years of hands on experience with these cars , you probably suck . at fixing them or you got stuck with it or like most here your just to lazy to read up and do things . I like the car plenty its you i dont like . I didnt ask either one of you for nothing as a matter of fact so .......

I used to build rockets for nasa , i got a buick turbo with this and that that will do a million miles an hour sound familiar hahaha you guys crack me up .
Tell me oh great one , whats difference does it make when it comes to what diagnostic software or program you run as long as the numbers are where they should be . you guys really need to pick your battles because A , your on the losing end here , B,who cares

by the way im a mechanical tradesman of 20 years and this isnt my first turbocharged car

These cars are 30 years old ,who is disputing that ? sorry 29 and 3/4 , pick your battles man . Why dont you do me a favour carsickness and spend another 1000$on a decent shrink ,it sounds as though you could use one . I liked the challenge of getting this car going and tuned well after it had sat for 4 years ,its a nice enough car i just dont like the crowd associated with it . I dont remember asking you for anything , and i never will

This is getting stupid so I'm out. If things get heated someone PM me and I'll take care of it.;)

average joe sounds as though youll be the one walking for a while or eating hot dogs til that mess is paid for . you keep saving, im going for a ride in my buick that runs like new because i cheaped out .At least youll have the scanmaster to warm yourself by on a cold winters night , the ses light in these cars doesnt give off much heat

lol easy billy ,your funny like a clown,your right they are expensive,but me walking,cuase she will leave me stranded not in the future ,seeing how my engine is got 548 miles on a mild build:rolleyes:...have fun buddy ,im sure you will be ok,ase master:p

matter of fact i have the the dealership books , you know the blue binders so i wont be needing that chiltons manual thanks . I should have known you would resort to name calling in an attempt to get me booted . Go sniff some pants

It sounds as though its left you fairly recently though and im sure it will again in the future , hopefully in the pouring rain