You can type here any text you want

Anybody using the boost control built into BS3?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

What type of wastegate and how did you do it?

I have that option, just haven't used it yet.

Dave

Not yet but maybe next year.
Please let me know what you find out.

The boost control option has 2 options, Option #1 A Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) output for a buick style waste gate solenoid. This works with the stock swing valve type waste gate, I have not tried it as a bleed for other wategates yet.
Option #2 A “staged” boost strategy can also be used, Up to three stages of boost can be switched on (using solenoid valves) in a user defined, timed sequence. This will require 3 manual boost knobs & switching valves. This works with any type waste gates.

All the PWM stuff is nice, but is is a closed feedback system? like the innovate?

Dale,

Thanks for the response.
Please update us when you run the car next!

The PWM boost control mode is a closed loop control. The system watches manifold pressure and adjusts the pwm to hit the target. Target boost levels need to be mapped against MPH or Engine RPM.

I'm trying to decide whether to use a PWM solenoid to bleed compressor pressure from the bottom of the gate or to use a PWM solenoid and CO2 on the top of the gate.

I was hoping to find someone who has already experimented with this feature. I guess I'm flying solo on this one. Thats what sucks about having a brand new product like BS3.....nobody to learn from.

DR

Back