You can type here any text you want

Anybody w/Savitsky tubular arms and suspension?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GoldHawg

Looking for some feedback on the ride results after installation of street comp packages or AFX. What did you do for front LCAs? What did you do for your rear suspension? Anybody have this paired w/GNX style rear suspension? What style sway bar did you use (both front and rear)? I'm still looking at suspension options for a GN that will handle excellently w/great ride and hook up better than stock. Thx in advance for any reports.

Hello, I am still under construction on my installation of the AFX package. I have purchased most all the parts and have been working on it slowly. I am running MOOG 5658 springs, ATS tall spindle with C5 hub, ACDelco drilled and slotted rotors, Z06 Calipers, adjustable SPC uppers, stiock LCA's with Del-Alum bushings. I still havent started to work on the lowers yet because I will be making a template for inserts to weld into the bottom of the arm. This really doest need to be done becuase the stock arms are actually very good the way they are. My biggest problem with aftermarket LCAs is that they usually run Polly bushings. I will not run polly bushings on any of my suspension pieces unless I absolutely have to. So instead of spending $400 on LCAs that come with polly bushings, I'll spend $4 for spray paint, $23 for a new ball joint, and $20 for Del-Alum bushings for each side and be done with it.

http://www.scandc.com/images/New pics 87 turbo-t after SC&C install 001.jpg

Original 22K mile car, Kirban Performance: Stock height front & rear springs, missing & GNX bushings replaced/installed with factory rubber replacements, Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners, trunk brace, front frame brace, & the small lower trianglulation braces, factory/stock front sway bar, Global West 1" rear sway bar (soon to be replaced with an ATR style 1 3/8" rear sway bar), SC&C Street Comp II upper front control arms with the Howe tall balls, stock lower front control arms, (so far), BMR fully adjustable tubular upper control arms, spherical bearings front (frame) side, 1LE factory rubber rear bushings, Global West tubular lower control arms, spherical bearings in the front (frame) side & the good Del-A-Lum bushings in the rear. 16" front GTA rims shod with Michelin Pilot Sport 245X50R16".
Next mod will be a SC&C (Tom Lee) rebuilt power steering box, & then on to brakes.
Maybe Bear disc brakes all the way around & SS lines to take up the slack.
This is a very nice handling & stanced turbobuick & there is nothing that I
have done on this car that I wouldn't do again on a turbo buick.

Back