Anyone ever use this intercooler?

My opinion is stay away from that one. It doesn't look like it would be that efficient as far a moving air across the core. The thing mounts vertically. If it mounted horizontally, that would be another story. For the money, this looks better. Front Mount w/pipes

Or this if you are a DIY guy. Front Mount (no pipes)

Good luck.

I just liked the idea of minimal radiator blockage. Although a better cooling system is in the works for my car so I guess a better IC would be a better idea.

Looking at the one with pipes though it looks as if the upper radiator hose is pinched by the upper pipe, wouldnt that cause some kinda heat transfer to the pipe? And looking at all 3 the one I posted is only 2 inches shorter 1.25 inches taller, and .5 inch thicker than the one with pipes.

22x11x3(GN performance IC) vs 20x12.25x3.5 (verticle IC) vs 18x12x4 (without pipes) Granted the positioning of the IC is different but I don't see it not working as well as the other one air is still gonna flow through it. I respect your opinion but at the same time I don't see why air wouldnt flow through it, especially is you mounted some kinda "scoop" to direct air to the lower part since that is what will probably lack getting air.

Beast_TR said:
I just liked the idea of minimal radiator blockage. Although a better cooling system is in the works for my car so I guess a better IC would be a better idea.

Looking at the one with pipes though it looks as if the upper radiator hose is pinched by the upper pipe, wouldnt that cause some kinda heat transfer to the pipe? And looking at all 3 the one I posted is only 2 inches shorter 1.25 inches taller, and .5 inch thicker than the one with pipes.

22x11x3(GN performance IC) vs 20x12.25x3.5 (verticle IC) vs 18x12x4 (without pipes) Granted the positioning of the IC is different but I don't see it not working as well as the other one air is still gonna flow through it. I respect your opinion but at the same time I don't see why air wouldnt flow through it, especially is you mounted some kinda "scoop" to direct air to the lower part since that is what will probably lack getting air.
A intercooler is a heat exchanger, The bigger the intercooler the more heat can be exchanged for cool air. Its common sense. The more air you can flow over the intercooler, the more you can cool.

InterCooler

I got the one that came with the pipes from ebay.It works great,I had to lower my boost after I installed it, you will gain a few psi like the add says. The installation was very easy took less than an hour. The intercooler and piping seem to be good quality except for the paint on the pipes. You can scratch it off with your fingernails. That didn't matter to me because,I repainted them to match the rest of my engine anyway.

Attachments

• 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 222
I will just add the following image with my opinion. You talked about adding a scoop but I still don't think you'll get the same flow through the core plus now your looking at more of a project. The image also shows where potentially half the cores air flow will be blocked. Looks like pretty much full flow through Dayton's intercooler. Well I will leave your choice up to you. Good luck with your search.

Attachments

• Beast TR intercooler.jpg
    Beast TR intercooler.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 193
My

BUDDY HAS THE ONE WITH PIPING/ I BELIEVE ITS THE SAME ONE. HE PUT IT ON, RAN THE CAR AND BLEW A HEAD GASKET SINCE HE DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD RAIS HIS BOOST LEVEL :eek: :eek: IT LOOKS GOOD, AND WORKS EVEN BETTER. THAT OTHER ONE WITHOUT THE PIPS LOOK LIKE SOME RICER CRAP. ;)

I see everyones point, I guess my main likes about the one is that it doesnt completely block the radiator. But the one you posted looks good. I will have to do some more research. I would like someone who has the verticle one to post up with their opinion but I guess I could lean more to the GN Performance one.

looks good

but the pipes are behind the radiator, but you can probably work around that, or wrap them in heat sheild.