Anyone know anything about this system?

BLKMGK

http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm#

Seems AEM has or is releasing a programmable EFI too. Things I noted in the specs (that I've only breezed over) are dual O2s, wideband capability, and user programmable inputs and OUTPUTS :D That last is a doozy - boost control anyone? Wheel slip logging? First I've seen of this thing, anyone have any information on it?

More detail - seems boost control and electronic trans control are already included. Will do up to 10 cylinders, has waste spark and DIS controls, and on and on. Hmm!

Outputs

10 Injector outputs
5 Ignition outputs
1 Fuel pump output
4 +12v User defined drivers (VTEC, EGR, etc) outputs
2 O2 Heater ground controls
2 Temperature controlled outputs (radiator fan etc.)
6 user defined (-) switched outputs (NOS, a/c, purge, etc..)
1 Check engine / shift light
1 Tachometer output
2 PWM outputs (may also be run as switched outputs) boost control, IAC motor, staged nitrous, etc)
2 Stepper motor drives (may also drive 4 wire antagonistic pair outputs)
Inputs

2 Knock channels with control
2 O2 channels with control
4 Thermo couple inputs
6 Gear position inputs
5 Speed sensor inputs
1 Spare temperature input
Throttle position
Manifold pressure / Mass air input
Barometric pressure sensor
2 Spare 0-5v input (pressure sensor, or position sensor)
Coolant sensor
Air inlet temperature
Battery voltage sensing
Clutch or neutral input (may be used for 2-step rev control)
Crank position (timed)
Cam position (timed)
Extra TDC or air flow (Vortex) input
Speed sensor input (for gear selection, traction control, etc)
Filtered sensor ground

Memory

1 Megabyte internal logging memory
Flash ROM
Fault logging
Communication

RS-232 pc com link
CAN high speed bus
High read write duty

if you go over to the www.supraforums.com there is a thread in the tech section on this system

supposedly it is going to be under $2000 and it is the tits

there are a be-jesus amount of questions that those supra guys asked and they were all answered with a basic "yes"

seems like the **** to me

BUT

what support does it have? TOO many options can be a problem sometime

Thanks for th etip!

Appreciate the tip, will head over there and poke around. Going through th esoftware offered on their site it does indeed look mighty powerful - almost too powerful. Anyone want to have to program in the O2 sensors response at various A/F ratios? A table for injector latency? Thes are the kinds of things that OEMs sweat bigtime and maybe users of systems like the Motec line but kripes with options like that I'd be lost! Software isn't terribly friendly IMO and it managed to segfault at least once so far (sigh).

Will poke around over there and see what those guys think. Hopefully when this thing is out there you won't have to make a profession out of tuning the darned car :)

Any chance you could give me a better pointer to th ethread? Tons of forums over there and none really look like where I'd expect to find a thread on this :rolleyes: Never mind (duh!) http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10402 Seems to be quite lengthy :)

The real question is, will they have it set up for a Buick??
That would definitely interest me.

Not at this point but...

Their list of apps on AEMPower.com (think that's right) doesn't list much in the way of Domestics but they would be STUPID not to cover some of the domestics out there. It can support 10cyl - can you say Viper? Is apparently going to be able to replace an OBDII computer in a Supra too - so why not LS1? Buick should be possble but getting them to commit to th eapp is the trick - it seems they do dyno testing to provide base maps.... Perhaps a 3rd party could do it? With all of the supposed capabilities it ought to seriously kick butt!

if you read through the thread, it says the race car version can handle just about anything and you have to call for various applications

i know because someone asked about an LT1 and LS1 and they said the race car harness would work

Yup

Was probably me asking about the LT1 LS1. Out of th ebox it doesn't look lke these are supported -> Apps

The software out there now is BETA for the race unit. Very BETA IMO. It's almost too flexible. They've exposed a ton of tables that are normally kept hidden in most aftermarket ECUs which I suppose is good but could be a royal PITA for a somewhat newbie. Who the heck wants to have to plug in O2 sensor response tables?

Judging from some of the ECM info pages their PnP software looks like it will have a "wizard" that will setup most of that stuff for various OEM apps and the race software looks like it can build "templates" to do the same. I predict that if AEM doesn't support certain vehicles that 3rd parties will. A bridge harness and some programming should be all it takes to support darn near anything. some of the folks making custom harnesses for the FAST system ought to be clamoring to get AEM ECUs to check out IMO :)

We'll see - I'm holding off an any purchase decisions till this sucker is out of the gate. At the very least I want to see software that's more fully cooked. The software is apparently based on software released for a different ECU but is going to be massaged pretty good. I hope that they can learn something from both the FAST and GEN7 software - both of them have some nice features. I also wonder if this will start a bit of a price war. Their quoting "under $2K" for PnP ECUs which is pretty darned good. Their Race ECUs haven't had a price quoted yet but they shouldn't cost much more since ALL of their boxes will be the same with different connectors. Harnesses and sensors will change that obviously but it's sounding pretty competitive. Some really nice features too - dual knock sensors, dual O2s, 10 injector outputs, 5 ignition outputs (DIS), 10 programmable I/Os, spare temp inputs, and on and on. I'll be interested to see how the promises stack up after release....:cool: