Anyone thinking about buying a car! READ THIS!

Great thread and tons of great info! I purchased all of T-Types and GN's from this site and have had no issues :)

I can help anytime. I also have a small shop and can hoist any car or truck. Bill
GMV Automotive 562.597.5400

Kind of an older thread, but considering trading my 55 Chevy 210 4 door for an 87 GN t tops 87K miles original paint suposedly never been wrecked or no rust. Minor problem im in PA and he's in KY.

That being said anyone in the Ashland KY area more specifically Greenup?

Kind of an older thread, but considering trading my 55 Chevy 210 4 door for an 87 GN t tops 87K miles original paint suposedly never been wrecked or no rust. Minor problem im in PA and he's in KY.

That being said anyone in the Ashland KY area more specifically Greenup?
Funny you should ask... I just joined a couple of forums today, and another newbie mentioned he was from KY, Upton, he said. Here's the link... (I hope there's no forum war like between KLR650.net and KLR650.com. I'm sorry if there is, I didn't know...)
http://www.TurboBuicks.com/forums/introduce-yourself-community/102304-longtime-owner-new-member.html

I've always thought that as a member of the board we have a reputation to protect. I can't dispute that having a back-up to double check on a seller can't hurt, it pains me to think that a board member here would cheat someone with false information. Personally speaking, I have a good reputation buying and selling GS cars. Ask anyone on the V8 Buick board. I've bought and sold cars to people in Canada, New Hampshire, California, Kansas, Arkansas, etc. I'm not a dealer but at one point had ten GSs. They all bought them sight unseen and were happy. I followed up to make sure they were. What we need is honest sellers with a clear conscience. This inspection service is just an unfortunate by product that we don't trust each other.

Mike,

"Honest Sellers" are a dying breed. I hate to sound so jaded but conscience is becoming a thing of the past.

That said I want to believe that the members of a forum would be a more honest bunch than many of the hacks on ebay and craigslist which I have pretty much given up on. From those ads I've driven hundreds of miles to look at a cars only to be greatly disappointed. One was even advertised as "laser straight" but what I found (after driving 100+ miles one way) was work that was substandard at best.

My take on this thread is that it's intentions are directed toward the non-forum advertised cars on the sites like eBay and CL.

Ken

Yep, I do this for a living and I see it all the time... sellers advertising a rust-free car for double it's actual market value with rust holes. The truth is, 75% of the cars I inspect are greatly misrepresented. Sad. My service is essential and inexpensive in today's world, yet most people won't utilize it, will buy blindly, then complain afterward. Go figure.

if there is anybody in the Chicagoland area that go with me to look at a GN in palatine IL, or know of any turn key a/c equipped GN for sale (im looking to spend no more than 13k cash which should be doable given the average asking price I see is 15K, mods are a plus. but am looking at a nice low mileage repaint 54k on the odo on Monday wholesaler is asking 18k, but I know he probably payed 8k, help needed, please call me 630~796-5392 my name is dave

Can't help you with physically looking at the car, but would tell you to be sure to do plenty of resaearch on any car claiming low miles as I have seen many where the condition of the car was not indicative of the odo mileage shown. Many years ago(Back when I worked for a 5 line GM dealership.), it was commonplace for dealers to mess with the odometers in cars and I am sure some still do. Give me a call at 804-426-3600 if I can do anything on my end to help or at lease field some questions for you. Hope you find the "right" car for your needs. Have a great weekend!

if there is anybody in the Chicagoland area that go with me to look at a GN in palatine IL, or know of any turn key a/c equipped GN for sale (im looking to spend no more than 13k cash which should be doable given the average asking price I see is 15K, mods are a plus. but am looking at a nice low mileage repaint 54k on the odo on Monday wholesaler is asking 18k, but I know he probably payed 8k, help needed, please call me 630~796-5392 my name is dave
Plenty of members in the Chicago area. I bought my car from Paletine IL in May of 2007.
18k is a lot for a 54k car.
Make sure you take someone with you !!!
I would keep looking if i were you, plenty of nice cars that come up for sale on this board. Good luck .

Bryan

Plenty of members in the Chicago area. I bought my car from Paletine IL in May of 2007.
18k is a lot for a 54k car.
Make sure you take someone with you !!!
I would keep looking if i were you, plenty of nice cars that come up for sale on this board. Good luck .

Bryan
that is what I thought, do you know of anybody who can go with me? I would compensate gas and dinner, I was figuring they would take 12, Ithe car has some basic mods but would have to upgrade the turbo, the intercooler and injectords are done, who knows it might have a bigger turbo,in the video it sounds like the car has a cam, it idles pretty stout and still has the stock cat single exhaust on it, what do you think I should offer, its been totally redone on the outside and in, in a video the motor sound strong and even chirps second not even getting on it, im guessing shift kit, there is nothing on this site now like there was when I didn't have the cash, like cars with built motors going for 13-14.
I need someone to go with me , I don't want to make a mistake., anybody out there?

Looking for Help in the Southern OHIO area. This would be my first GN and seeing as I am 6 hours away from the car, looking for someone to check the car out for me.

Thanks,

John

Also, I am in the Northern MI area if anyone needs help with cars or whatnot. I am not afraid to drive to help someone out.

Hello good people I'm currently in the process of getting a turbo regal that's located out in Washington, im from Houston Texas and before making my way out to pick it up I was hoping I could find a members out in that area that could do me the favor to check out and inspect the car before anything. also am debating weather I should have it shipped or drive it back based on the condition, any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Eduardo

Anyone willing to help me out? Found a car near the buffalo area (bliss, ny) on ebay. Looks nice. Ill throw you a few bucks if anyone can get over there and check the car out for me sometime this week. Thanks.

Is there anyone who lives near Naperville, Illinois that could look at a 86 T-Type for me. Willing to compensate if necessary.

Thanks
Steve

Is there someone in the philly area that could check out a car for me? Everything is in place assuming I can get comfortable with the car. Message or email me with contact info at buickal@bellsouth.net.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk