anyone using Lucus oil treatment.....

jcawley3

Just wondering if anyone is using Lucus oil additive? Do you like it? or Do you think its worthless? Just wondering I use it in my 86 Nautique Ski boat wondering if I should put it in the GN......or maybe that little display at the parts store got me...lol....

The stuff is awesome in the rearend. But the motor I think its too thick. Just my 02

that was my concern too...don't worry about it so much on the boat ....but wanted to ask before putting it in the GN....

ive seen a well know guy on this board and a vendor put it in his car at the Nationals. He looked over and smiled. Said sounds quieter :)

If it's a high mileage stocker engine...I'd use it. My buddy swears by it. Otherwise don't waste your money. Just make sure you run good oil with the zinc wear additive like Valvoline VR1 20w50.

I think its the same thing as STP oil treatment (clinging agents) at 4 times the cost-id use STP.

Oil companies do not like additives installed with their oil, they insist it upsets the balance of there own additive packages, in the end I would not use additves, but that is up to the individual.

Ron

Just wondering if anyone is using Lucus oil additive? Do you like it? or Do you think its worthless? Just wondering I use it in my 86 Nautique Ski boat wondering if I should put it in the GN......or maybe that little display at the parts store got me...lol....
I have a 87 GN I just bought about 4 months ago and when I first started driving it every once in a while it would blow a little smoke at idle, I used some of that Lucsa oil treatment and I have not had that problem anymore. So for every oil change I put some in it.