You can type here any text you want

anyone using Racetronix 79# injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

coldair85GN

fast85GN
They say on their website that they will run on a STOCK ECM. Who makes chips for them and are they any good? Reliability? Any issues? It would cost me less to modify my ECM and go with 83#ers that I already have, but if my ECM were to go bad I would have to modify another ECM...and that would always be a possibility. It would be kinda nice to not have to deal with modding the ECM. Anyone with experience with these injectors please give me some feedback.

High flow rate and high impedance are a bad mix, especially on a small engine like a V6 with a tiny fuel demand at idle. It will likely have to idle very rich, as the injector response time will be too slow to turn on and off quickly enough to accurately fuel the engine at idle.

Eric at TurboTweak posted yesterday that he had just gotten a set to start developing a chip, so I think it's a little early yet.

We have 2 sets on the way in . Jay Carter is suppose to burn us some ships as well.

I figured Eric would of had a chip out already :D

We had some of the Seimens units that were in testing and they were OK but not great for a driver. These are Lucas like the 009's and I ecpect they will be worse if they are anything like the rest of the injectors they make. As Craig said big high z units are very tricky. Time will tell, they may be great.
Mike

High flow rate and high impedance are a bad mix, especially on a small engine like a V6 with a tiny fuel demand at idle. It will likely have to idle very rich, as the injector response time will be too slow to turn on and off quickly enough to accurately fuel the engine at idle.

The rules are changing because the technology is improving. What was the norm back in 1987 is not today. High-flow high-z injectors are getting bigger and better all the time.

Per your website, "This new injector uses the same technology as the Delphi Disc injectors." Did I miss something?

Not trying to knock anyone or anything, just giving an honest opinion based on experience. I apologize for stepping on any toes.

Per your website, "This new injector uses the same technology as the Delphi Disc injectors." Did I miss something?

Not trying to knock anyone or anything, just giving an honest opinion based on experience. I apologize for stepping on any toes.

One can always improve on past and current technology.

This will be a great improvement for stock ECM guys. I can't wait to test them:biggrin:

Yes, I agree. I sincerely hope that Racetronix or anyone else marketing these injectors has or will thoroughly test them out and not just repeat manfacturer's claims.
Good idle quality in a "big" high Z injector is going to be tough, especially with a delphi disk injector.
Let's hope they've truely made some breakthru's!!

Im not willing to spend nearly 500 dollars on a set of injectors that NOBODY has used yet so I can be the guinnea pig. I think I will wait and see how things develop.

Im not willing to spend nearly 500 dollars on a set of injectors that NOBODY has used yet so I can be the guinnea pig. I think I will wait and see how things develop.

same thing im thinking.. good to know the chip guys are already on it..

I am thinking of trying these also. These will be great for e85 use if they turn out to be pretty good. I was thinking of maybe these and a TT E85 chip in the future.

I am thinking of trying these also. These will be great for e85 use if they turn out to be pretty good. I was thinking of maybe these and a TT E85 chip in the future.

+1

Sounds like a good injector for e85, i cannot wait to see if Eric makes them work just as nice as the 009s do these days.

How much is E 85 now?

BW

Back