You can type here any text you want

Are Lamborghini Diablos Supposed To Be Fast ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yes... and the awd is mostly good to have the first 1/16 mile... then it just sucks!

Daniel

Only the Diablo VT is all wheel drive. The standard (if there is such a thing) Diablo is rear wheel only. With a pro driver who can shift worth a darn, they can clock 11s.

Keep in mind the gear ratios that Diablos have are made to give the best acceleration at high speeds. Who knows what they could run with a set of 4:11's and some slicks ;)

If it was real (not a fiero underneath;) ) - I like the fact that he'd stick a batman sticker on that kind of vehicle!

It'd be really funny if the driver was Adam West, cause you know he'll never give up the bat suit. Yea yeah when your like 7, the corny old batman show was still cool.

Originally posted by Swede2
Well... It depens of what you takes as fast :)

My oppinion is that they not are so fast as many people belive.
They have a repetation to be fast, but as I have said... they not so fast if we look at the price...

Heres a list on times. As you can see, its just runs a bit better than a original TTA...

1991 Lamborghini Diablo 4.4 13.2
1992 Lamborghini Diablo 4.5 13.3
1995 Lamborghini Diablo VT 4.7 13.2

Don't the newer ones run in the high 11's though?

Road and Track puts the Diablo hardtop at 12.00/119.8
For a car that can go 205 mph, that's a pretty fast 1/4 mile time!
Keith

Originally posted by kjhansen
Keith

Sure is, but the McClaren F1 does the 1/4 mile faster (low 11's), and has a greater top speed (231). Yet for a cool $1,000,000, it sure as hell better be fast. :)

Keith

Sure is, but the McClaren F1 does the 1/4 mile faster (low 11's), and has a greater top speed (231). Yet for a cool $1,000,000, it sure as hell better be fast. :)

Faster then the McClaren?!

One of our fellow Buick nuts built a TR specifically for the Nevada open road race a few years ago. I think it was GM High Tech Performance that did an article comparing it to the McClaren. The TR was faster, top end and 1/4 mile I believe, although I don't have the magazine at my fingertips. Not a "production" car, however.
Keith

Built Up GN

Keith,
I know the article you are talking about. It was several years ago though. I believe the GN was pushing 700-800HP! Wish I could find that magazine. :(

diablo

If your pockets are deep enough to drive a diablo...It really doesnt matter how fast it is...That guy could sell the diablo and build 50 9 second turbo buicks....Dont get me wrong i love my buick but lambos are in a class of their own.

Re: Faster then the McClaren?!

One of our fellow Buick nuts built a TR specifically for the Nevada open road race a few years ago. I think it was GM High Tech Performance that did an article comparing it to the McClaren. The TR was faster, top end and 1/4 mile I believe, although I don't have the magazine at my fingertips. Not a "production" car, however.
Keith

Well, of course you can make a TR faster (although making it faster in the 1/4 mile and top end is no easy task), I was talking from the factory, as in production cars.

Re: diablo

Originally posted by BadassGPR-GN
If your pockets are deep enough to drive a diablo...It really doesnt matter how fast it is...That guy could sell the diablo and build 50 9 second turbo buicks....Dont get me wrong i love my buick but lambos are in a class of their own.

True true. My favorite (on looks) is still a late 80's Countach. I would love to own one one day. If I could have any car though, it would be a MCclaren F1.

There is a McLaren F1 in Phoenix if anyone wants to see how they measure up...

I'd take a built Porsche, or a C5R/GTS-R somehow modified to be street legal, before an F1. 'Course, the F1 would be nice ;)

Originally posted by boostin
There is a McLaren F1 in Phoenix if anyone wants to see how they measure up...

I'd take a built Porsche, or a C5R/GTS-R somehow modified to be street legal, before an F1. 'Course, the F1 would be nice ;)

Yeah, but on looks alone, I don't think anything beats a Lambo or an F1. I just love those doors. If every car had those doors, there'd be no more door dings, even when you park close.

Back