You can type here any text you want

are these turbo pistons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

321GO!

hi are these turbo pistons

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782.6 KB · Views: 256
They are not as good as a stock piston, if it was just a low boost stock rebuild with a stock turbo maybe, anything else no

looks like a sealed power cast ..and with the raised center ..for a buick 350v8

Post a pic of the block too. Is that even a 109 block? Can't see much of the lifter valley but looks hot air or NA block. I could be wrong

Post a pic of the block too. Is that even a 109 block? Can't see much of the lifter valley but looks hot air or NA block. I could be wrong
no i dont know? it came up as a turbo rwd 84-85 turbo block casting number is 25514290 if that helps any thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    920.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
That block was used for NA motors as well as turbo during the '80s, until the oil pan was changed to 20-bolt. With different pistons it should be fine.

Those pistons may be genuine Buick, but they are for earlier NA motors, like pre-1978. That's a centering boss in the center, it was removed from later pistons after it was found to cause detonation during development of the first turbos.

Where did you get that thing? I don't know what somebody was doing with it.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with using that block, but everything else needs upgrading. It might even be an odd fire crank, too.

That block was used for NA motors as well as turbo during the '80s, until the oil pan was changed to 20-bolt. With different pistons it should be fine.

Those pistons may be genuine Buick, but they are for earlier NA motors, like pre-1978. That's a centering boss in the center, it was removed from later pistons after it was found to cause detonation during development of the first turbos.

Where did you get that thing? I don't know what somebody was doing with it.
i bought it cheap lol i have no clue it has 14 bolt pan forsure! im makeing it an 87 motor so i might have to change alot of stuff lol

Just to be sure, does it have the threaded hole for a knock sensor at the rear of the block? That area is just outside the right edge of your picture (post #13).

Back