As the war approaches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Originally posted by Two Lane
LOLOLOL!!!

:) :) :cool: :) :)

I think we would look good with towels on our heads:eek:
Maybe we could hang out in the palace for a few days and get a massage, we just gotta bathe them woman they stink like the French:D :D

From studying back in history I feel like if we wait its gonna be like back before WWII when Germany was building up its army and stuff and there was supposed to be limits they weren't following them and the League of Nations, i think, just kept looking over it. Slapping there hand saying no. They didn't listen. If we don't do something the same is gonna happen. I watched everybit of Powell's speech today. He made a great case and proved a lot of stuff, im sure they have more but can not reveal it if they did they might blow a lot of cover. Anyone who says give him more time is crazy. More time to build some more nukes, ship some more anthrax and vx, work more on their unmanned migs with anthrax and small pox so they can fly those over there enemies. Wake up people he hasn't cooperated since we demolished him in Desert Storm why would he start now. It's obvious he is hiding a lot.

And one more thing these freaking celebrities, like Sheryl Crow, wore a shirt saying, "Mr. Bush I do not support your war!" Its not his war!!!!!!!!!! It's a war to protect people, not some kinda hidden agenda. God those "celebrities" need to wake up.

Good Points....

These are the same people that would be crying to the goverment if something happen again on US soil. We have a President with coconuts, let him use them. The world needs to see our power and destruction we can cause, maybe this will wake up a few other of these ****hole countries that have evil thoughts to destroy us. We have saved the world twice, allot of countries seem to forget that, they have no idea if there were a draft and all the woman and men in America worked and supported the war machine they would crap their pants. :eek:

Sheryl Crow:mad: She Sucks anyway

The only thing good about her is she aint bad on the eyes, besides that uhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Two Lane great link:)

Again it is nice to see the French so behind us:mad:

We need to handle this like Afganistan, screw the UN and act alone. We need to finish the job this time. :)

All There Is To Say Was Said Today

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-568294,00.html

Colin Powell in his own words today at U.N.

This Council placed the burden on Iraq to comply and disarm and not on the inspectors to find that which Iraq has gone out of its way to conceal for so long. Inspectors are inspectors; they are not detectives.

Saddam Hussein has chemical weapons. Saddam Hussein has used such weapons. And Saddam Hussein has no compunction about using them again, against his neighbours and against his own people.

Clearly, Saddam and his regime will stop at nothing until something stops him.

The pattern is not just one of reluctant co-operation, nor is it merely a lack of co-operation. What we see is a deliberate campaign to prevent any meaningful inspection work.

Iraq has now placed itself in danger of the serious consequences called for in UN resolution 1441. And this body places itself in danger of irrelevance if it allows Iraq to defy its will without responding effectively.

Iraq never had any intention of complying with this Council’s mandate.

The hard drives of computers at Iraqi weapons facilities were replaced. Who took the hard drives? Where did they go? What’s being hidden? Why? There’s only one answer to the why: to deceive, to hide.

On orders from Saddam Hussein, Iraqi officials issued a false death certificate for one scientist, and he was sent into hiding.

If the past 12 years of BS, and now this list (and more) isn't enough, exactly what would be sufficient?

:confused: :eek: :confused:

I was saying back off me!!!!!!!!!!! not your stand on the war, i could care less, yall are all over me when I am stating I believe the same freaking thing as most of you, I stated going to war was the right thing, yet ya'll reply like I am French .... geez....

But Powell Was Speaking About Saddam, Right?

(Gosh, I just read General Powell's list above again...and it sounds like he could also be talking about...a baaaaaaadddddd vendor!!!)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Minus the chemical weapons, and the scientist in hiding, of course)

Lessons from history....

I've watched several "documentaries" about Hitler that concluded that the Lord Chaimberlian's of 1938-39 (He and his pacifist friends 'negotiated' a peace treaty with Hitler, only to be bombed anyway) were responsible for Hitler's success, allowing him to fight on other fronts and regroup before attacking England....Didn't we learn anything from the start of WWII :rolleyes:

CAPABILITY plus INTENT = A THREAT

Iraq has biologic and chemical weapons, an aerial delivery capability, AND, a score to settle with the USA....That spells a very real THREAT in my mind.

His connection to Al Queda was revealed today. That Al Queda capability involves agents like Ricin....

Iraq's small, unmanned, remotely controlled aircraft is capable of administering a lethal dose of those agents (ricin, anthrax, nerve agent) from within the continental US....

If that isn't a link to terrorism and isn't a threat to every city in America, I don't know what is.

Where is the smoking gun? If it was up your butt you'd know ;) You don't need to see a smoking gun, its too late then....

isn't it obvious to these people that north korea and iraq are HUGE threats??? i am sorry to say this but i think this may turn out to be the start of WWIII if things fall in the right places...

iraq is germany of WWII and north korea is japan of WWII

IT IS PLAIN AS DAY THAT THESE TWO COUNTRIES WILL WANT TO DESTROY US IF GIVEN THE CHANCE...

we need to get them first before it's too late...because this isn't 1942 anymore...nukes and weapons are way more precise and much more powerful now...it could get SCARY

i mean what if north korea came over here like japan did with pearl harbor and say dropped a nuke on new york city or los angelos??? do you realize how that would devastate this country??? that's all it takes...and north korea WILL do it...

all you people who are against going to war are STUPID...you might as well put a target on the roof of your house...this situation with iraq and north korea are getting ugly REAL fast...the sad thing is NOBODY wants to side with us...everyone is against war except our own great britain in which we came from originally anyways... USA baby that's all i gotta say...

Originally posted by JDSfastGN
I was saying back off me!!!!!!!!!!! not your stand on the war, i could care less, yall are all over me when I am stating I believe the same freaking thing as most of you, I stated going to war was the right thing, yet ya'll reply like I am French .... geez....

Don't take it so hard. Alot of people around here have problems with reading comprehension. I understood your point.

Going to war with Iraq is much different than chasing down terrorists. Granted, there is no other option(in my opinion), but it is definately not the same. Were not talking about some slapstick group of wackos that has to steal or hijack weapons to fight a war, we are talking about a ruthless regime that has the ability and the desire to cause MASSIVE death and destruction. IMO this will be war, not an Osama fox hunt.

Personally, I could give a crap about the oil issues, and I think if Saddam is ever going to attack the US his means to do it are already inside our borders. For me the humanitarian issues are enough. The days of "Ruling with an Iron Fist" should be long over. No place for it in the new world.

From as much as I know and have studied, major changes in the world have always come with a significant amout of suffering and death. It is the way of the world. There are no guarantees on life.

Chris S

Even if there is no Al Qaida link, does anybody really believe that Iraq is not a terrorist supporter? In fact, I think Al Qaida is sort of an enemy of Saddam, don't they sort of align themselves with the northern, not Saddam controlled, groups in Iraq?

What gets me is that so many believe that if you are not protesting the war, that you are PRO war :rolleyes:

You do not have to be pro war to understand that as American's we should stand united and in support of our troops. Besides, it is not just our war, or President Bush's war, has the rest of the world forgotten about the UN resolutions?

Iraq seems to me to be the next great base to launch a terrorist attack - unless somebody does something about it!

IMO

From the land of "kein krieg"

I knew that the mention of France and Germany would come up in this thread. Well, I'm an American living here in Germany. I have to tell you, with the problems of Iraq, terrorism, the middle east and North Korea I am so glad to be an American. I can't stand this president (Gerhard Schroeder) we have here (I was unable to vote here for the last election). I saw the New York Post have on their front page "AXIS OF WEASEL" referring to Germany and France. If that isn't the truth, I don't know what is.

Living here, I have to say that being from a country that sticks up for things is such a blessing. When I go to the University here there are signs all around saying "kein krieg" (no war). I find it so funny that they have demonstrations against war. It's not like anybody 'likes' going to war. But we have to do what we have to do sometimes. You'll never find a "PRO WAR" demonstration!! These anti-war demonstrators know they don't have competition so they can make these protests and make it seem as if there voice is the only one. I know Americans don't want to risk the lives of our men and women in the armed forces. But it is obvious that time has run out and action needs to be taken. I believe in everyone having a right to there opinion so I don't FORCE my opinion on those here. However, I dare anyone to come up to me, argue with me about "kein krieg". I will have one simple reply. "du verdammt Feigling!" (You damn coward!)

Very well said Chris - and from an interesting point of view. The point I was attempting to make - it is not an absolute, just because one is disgusted by the anti war protests does not mean that they are pro-war.

Although I kinda feel that if we give the weapons inspectors a little more time, it may serve to get even France and Germany on board with us. I do not believe that the rest of the world has as good as intelligence gathering abilities as we have in the US - I'm sure that there is smoking gun type evidence that we do not spill because it might give them a chance to cover thieir tracks.

I spent 6 months over in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War and left with a feeling that our mission went unfinished because Sadaam was still very much alive and in power to mess with us in the future! War is not a pretty thing to be involved in, matter of fact it's a damn scarey thing to be a part of. We the US need to do what we need to do, and not take anything less as a victory. 11 years ago I was hard core and ready for war; however, now that I'm married with 2 children I would hate to be there right now as things are going to get VERY bad before they get any better. God bless our soldiers abroad, and God bless the tree huggers that never served and always have something negative to say without ever having been there.

Liberal line........."there's no connection between Iraq and Al-kaeda".

Oh really? Did you ever hear the saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Both are arab Muslims and for Muslims, it's that good old religion issue....Both hate the US and the Jews. If thousands of people here in the US are killed in some biological attack perpetrated by the "terrorists", the liberals will blame it all on George Bush.

Liberals......."no war for oil".

Last time I checked, we pay for all the oil we get.

Liberals......the economy, the economy. Since Bush got in the economy tanked.

Never mentioning that we had been attacked on 9/11, which caused devastating problems economically and that we are on a war footing. Pretty difficult to have a booming economy when people are uncertain about the future. It's been this weak, limp wristed, way of dealing with our enemies that has us in this position today. It is now time to take care of business.

All these attacks on Bush here in this country are totally political. These people would sell out the country to get back in power. The word is out on them now. Unless they change their message, they may never get back into power. Hey.......THAT WOULD BE A GOOD THING! ;)