As the war approaches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:( All the war talk sould only make a true american sad when they think of all the men and woman that will go to a far away land to be away from there family and friends, but they do the job and they do it well. I have read all of the replies on this post and for the most part I am very proud to be a part of these site. We must stand behind Mr. Bush and our congress. We must keep the fabrick of our great nation together so that not only can we keep little things like this, but to keep our ever loving freedom. Something that alot of pleaple forget about untill some unforseen event happens. The men and women of our armed forces have some unserten days ahead of them and so do the american peaple. We should not forget them in our eneryday activites and remember to pray for there speedy return to there fanily and friends. This little note is dedicated to my good friend Joe Cruise. He was killed on Jan. 28 1991 in the deasrt of Iraq. Joe I miss you and will never forget you...... Love you brother

Everyone is asking "what about North Korea" Its sad for me to say, but I think we are laying low on this one because we beleive he already has nuclear weaons. We would have to treat Iraq with Kitt gloves if they had them too. What if Iraq had nuclear weapons when they attacked Kuwait? How much harder would he have been to get out?

N. Korea does not and will not for a while have the capabilities to launch a missle from their country to ours. The Chinese have been trying to develop long range ballisic missles, and have failed. Remember, these missles have to have an almost if not perfect succes rate, or the missle will land on their own country. Today , however, you do not need a missle. You just need a boat to smuggle it on.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT

N. Korea does not and will not for a while have the capabilities to launch a missle from their country to ours. The Chinese have been trying to develop long range ballisic missles, and have failed. Remember, these missles have to have an almost if not perfect succes rate, or the missle will land on their own country. Today , however, you do not need a missle. You just need a boat to smuggle it on.

Not true Scott..........There was an article in the paper not that long ago about North Korea's missile capability's. In the article, it stated that they are "possibly" very close to developing a missile that could reach the US mainland, hence all there missile testing in the last few years. I don't know about you, but even if there was a REMOTE chance that they could fire a nuke at the US west coast, well........that's scary!!! And now, just today North Korea says that the US is NOT the only country that can perform a "PREEMPTIVE strike on another country!!! I don't know if they have the capability to do so, but just them saying that should send chills down anyone's spine. Gezz.......all this and the "cold war" is over!!

That is the ultimate catch 22 if they already have nuclear weapons. If you attack, you wait to see if you lose a whole city, if you don't attack, you know he will sell it to the highest bidder. 50% of N. Koreas exports are missles, and most of those are modified scuds. I still don't beleive they are close. To go those distances, you would need the technology of a cruise missle, or it would have to go into space to reach us. Alaska or Hawaii would be more do-able,but like I said before, you don't even need the missle to deliver the payload. I would say the CIA would send a small force in there to tryto overtake the governmet. Hopefully with no one to give the command to detonate, it won't happen. Funny how we have Russia's and China's support on this.

Sumdam Insane has to go

No doubt to it. It will take a war to eliminate him. I would love to see his head on a stick. One thing though, we are partialy responsible for our situation. Way back when we were having problems with Iran ( Ahole Cacamammi) we helped Sadam with weapons and even provided chemical warfare ordance that he used against Iran. We did help him on the road to this. We also bought oil from him that he has used to finance all of his weapons of mass destructon. One think that plagues the US is backing a leader and then that leader turns into the biggest ass wipe, all the meanwhile laughing at us for financing him. The list is ridiculoulsly long starting with Castro. When will we learn?

No dobt we have strange bedfellows. Still find it hard to beleive the Iranian air force was flying around in f-14 tomcats and no one said anything.:confused:

What is going to happen if a bomb is detonated on US soil? Do you think we would automatically launch at Iraq? Iran? N. Korea?. Its a no brainer if the missle is launched from one of these countries, but I beleive that is another reason why whoever does it, will do it covertly, that way we are not sure who did it. I still beleive we will launch against AT LEAST these 3 countries. I think we woud take out a few more Arab countries. Wonder if Libiya would be shaking.

I beleive that this is not an Isreali issue. Sadaam went to war w/ Iran, and we all remember Kuwait. What the Saudis tend to forget is that they were next, that's why we were allowed there. Saddam uses Isreal as a reason to unite Muslims against us. People in theory don't like Isreal, but most (except the Palestinians) don't really care that much. Where was the Muslim unity when Iraq, unprovoked, attacked these countries, brutally killed many civilian Muslims all for the love of power?

The Chinese have a hyper-active Space Program building missiles & related hardware for an eventual scientific Moon colony within the decade! Since the Loral/Clinton guidance systems gave China some of our best precision missile technologies, they are truly in the big leagues now.

And yes, satellite photos have shown North Korea is adding an additional stage to its existing missiles, making them West Coast-capable.

Mr Bush?

When are people going to start standing up and treating our leader with respect?

It's not Mr. Bush, It's PRESIDENT BUSH!

Give the respect he has earned!

I thank God for having a leader with balls!

President Bush has big coconuts trust me he does not like playing with the UN. If he did not have the people he has around him, rest assure we would be at war, therfore my hat is off to him. As far has N.Korea kinda scary:eek: It is almost like the Stage is being set for WW111.

im not against the war by any means whatsoever, and i am very proud of the men and woman over there protecting the american dream. but this is what i am afraid of; i am afraid of us going to war with iraq and n. korea, which will start WWIII. and i may sound like a wimp or a panzee or whatever, but i personnally dont want to get drafted, or anything like that.

well, thats my two cents, and thank god for the guys you have the guts to fight something that i dont.....

neil

To say the least it is very interesting to read the civilian view of the situation. Some of you do not have a clue.
If you could not connect the dots linking Saddam and terrorists then there is no hope for you.
If you think that all the pieces for a larger scale war are not there and it is a stretch like I read here you need to wake up also.
Also I cannot see how anyone could be against what we are doing but still be supportive of our military. In these peoples minds they probably believe that but from a military perspective that position is unsupportive. There is no grey area.
Just my opinion like everyone else.

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
im not against the war by any means whatsoever, and i am very proud of the men and woman over there protecting the american dream. but this is what i am afraid of; i am afraid of us going to war with iraq and n. korea, which will start WWIII. and i may sound like a wimp or a panzee or whatever, but i personnally dont want to get drafted, or anything like that.

well, thats my two cents, and thank god for the guys you have the guts to fight something that i dont.....

neil

If it came down to it, trust me you would fight if the US was invaded. And to boot they would pay a very high price:mad:

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Liberal line........."there's no connection between Iraq and Al-kaeda".

Oh really? Did you ever hear the saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Both are arab Muslims and for Muslims, it's that good old religion issue....Both hate the US and the Jews. If thousands of people here in the US are killed in some biological attack perpetrated by the "terrorists", the liberals will blame it all on George Bush.

Liberals......."no war for oil".

Last time I checked, we pay for all the oil we get.

Liberals......the economy, the economy. Since Bush got in the economy tanked.

Never mentioning that we had been attacked on 9/11, which caused devastating problems economically and that we are on a war footing. Pretty difficult to have a booming economy when people are uncertain about the future. It's been this weak, limp wristed, way of dealing with our enemies that has us in this position today. It is now time to take care of business.

All these attacks on Bush here in this country are totally political. These people would sell out the country to get back in power. The word is out on them now. Unless they change their message, they may never get back into power. Hey.......THAT WOULD BE A GOOD THING! ;)

I remember reading that Al Qaida is friendly with the Northern Alliance which is an enemy of Saddam. Those war like Muslims are even at each others throats.

AND

The economy went south while Clinton was still in office. President Bush just inherited the mess Clinton left behind while he was attempting to establish his legacy:rolleyes:

rabia, and perhaps Jordon. Israel is going to tell the coalition(sp) they are going after Iraq with their nucs and if you don't want to become a crispy critter you better get out of the way. If this scenario occurs then the war will be over within a month or so....North Korea and other nations that harbor terroists or have designs on world domination will heed what happens and will disarm (or be disarmed) because thier populace will not let them continue thier warring ways........they will revolt or find a way to topple their leaders. Personally, I think at this point in time North Korea is more of a threat than Iraq. If a war should break out on the penisula tne north would launch their weapons to the south and west. If Japan is nucked the kiss the world econmy good bye for a long time...

Input anyone????

Woody

I don't know what happend to the first part of my post.......but before I get flamed (or nuked) I said that when we get into the actual fighting in Irag when Saddam realizes he is going to lose he will launch his chemical, biological and nukes(?) against Saudi Arabia, Irasel and perhaps Jordon....................

Woody

Woody,
I kinda believe that the first part of your post is a possibility - that is Saddam poisons Israel, they respond with nukes - then the $hit will really hit the fan - the nuclear geni is out.

This is a reason why the US must take the lead

The French and Germany are not backing us as of this today. Can you beleive these MUTANTS!!!:mad:

I am so tired of the US getting dumped. :mad: