You can type here any text you want

Ask for high test and get regular.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

darkred87T

Kudos to full service New Jersey gas stations! NOT! I don't know how many times this has already happened to me but last night I caught it when I looked at my receipt.

I went to fill up at a local gas staion and gave the "non english speaking" gas station attendant my credit card and said "$20 of 93 octane please?" I guess his ears stopped working after he heard "20" so he just put regular in it. It serves me right I guess for being too lazy to get out of the car being used to full service at the pump. What a joke. :mad:

Now I have have to either drive it off or siphen the regular out of it becuase I can't even make ANY boost without knock. The alky simply won't keep up with the regular gas and the 98 octane chip. The scary thing is, I've been wondering why Iv'e been having knock issues lately. I was going to blame it on my beloved alky system but I'm glad I finally got to the bottom of this.

Mike

What's full service ? Ha ha, those disappeared from our area at least five years ago maybe longer. When I did see them nobody used them as gas cost more than the self serve.

Actaully, gas is cheaper here in NJ than in PA and NY where it's self serve. Go figure. Maybe it's cheaper becuase of the INconvernience of full service. :rolleyes:

BTW, man sorry to hear about your car. I read your thread. Ever hear anything on it? It makes you wonder sometimes if it should be legal to shoot these car theives on site. Maybe there would be less theft in this country.

Put your own fuel in your own car.................

Havent you learned that people dont listen to a word you say?:eek:

Put your own fuel in your own car.................

Havent you learned that people dont listen to a word you say?:eek:

You have no choice in NJ. FULL SERVICE only. Well, unless you work at a gas station that is................;)

Ken

Here in the middle of America we still have the guys check the air in the tires, wash the windows, and check all fluids if needed.:biggrin:

Ahhhhhhh nothing to do here, but we have hardley any crime and no Arabs either and we all still speak English:biggrin:

Here in the middle of America we still have the guys check the air in the tires, wash the windows, and check all fluids if needed.:biggrin:

Ahhhhhhh nothing to do here, but we have hardley any crime and no Arabs either and we all still speak English:biggrin:

I'm moving out there. :eek:

I put a bottle of otane boost in it. It seems a little better but the knock is intermittent and unpredictable. I get on it the same way twice and get no knock the first time and all kinds the next. I think I'm going to pump my own gas for now on or at least watch the guy push the right button.

It all depends on the station. The one I usually go to knows me by name, washes the windows, and is very friendly.

I value a good gas station! One time filling up at a gas station I never go to I had one of the guys pumping gas push up and down with force on the back of my car. (Actually pushing the car up and down almost like he was testing the shocks) I asked what the heck he was doing and he told me he was topping it off?!

I put a bottle of otane boost in it.

Don't waste your $$ on any of that stuff. Put some Xylene in to and that should pull the octane up.

I've gotten out of the car before and started pumping the gas myself and told the guy it was tricky to get a full tank of gas in these cars. He didnt seem to mind.

It happened to me once also in NJ the guy put about 6 gal. Before I noticed, I told him to stop and that I wasn’t going to pay for it. I told him to siphon it out and put 93 in and I’ll pay for the 93. He said “why do you need 93 for this POS anyways?”. So I called the cops to make a report first so that they couldn't say that I was trying to steel the gas. The attendant was pissed because he said that he couldn’t sell that gasoline So I told him to drink it. Any way I pulled the fuel line off and dumped it into a dirty ass container and drove of. Now when I go to any station in NJ or anywhere I jump out of the car and fill it my self, the attendants’ just step back and watch they never give me a hard time about it.

I pump my own gas. I tell the camel jockey to get back and get away from my car.

I went off on the attendant when he placed the gas cap on my trunk. :mad:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You have no choice in NJ. FULL SERVICE only. Well, unless you work at a gas station that is................;)

Ken

Id move then...................

What is the gas station going to do if you tell them you want to pump your own fuel? To go somewhere else?:rolleyes:

New Jersey passed the law in 1949 making it illegal to pump gas unless you are an employee of the gas station. They thought people would set themselves on fire. I believe Oregon has the same law. So you can tell them that you want to pump your own gas but it is technically illegal and they bitch and moan. I did a 5 year stint in the Garden State and it sucks when 1 attendant is working 5 customers all using credit cards

It is a shame that the libral democrats of NJ have to make a law that says NJ citizens are to stupid to pump your own gas. What a slap in the face. You need to VOTE your lawmakers out!

But I guess that is what BIG GOVERMENT is coming too. I wonder whats next.

I can only think of one gas station around here that will pump gas for you. It's a Sunoco and they have the GT100ul. If I go there I pump it myself and they don't mind at all.

Solution=get sealed pails of C16 and forget about s hit 93 (or worse) pump gas.

Back