You can type here any text you want

ATI damper/balancer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboclam

Anyone running one of these instead of a BHJ or stock? I don't see them talked about much and was wondering why. Will the stock style crank pulley bolt up? I aquired one and it will be used on a internally balanced 4.1. Thanks for any input.

I got a few answers today. The 7 inch balancer won't work because it won't fit under the stock plastic timing tab (tried it myself). As I understand, they are all made for a Chevrolet crank pulley. The stock pulley won't bolt up. ATI has a listing for a dry sump and stock oiling hub. One hub is londer than the other. I'm going to research a little more on this because it could be another balancer option for the Buick V6 guys.

I use one, but modifications are required. It is not a bolt on deal.

Don,

Do you know off hand which one you used and what had to be done?

Thx!

If using a stock cover you would have to use one that's smaller than 7 inches. If someone took the time, you could find a nice March pulley (made for a serpentine belt) that would line up with the rest of the set-up. Also I think that you would have to use a bigger washer and bolt for bolting on the balancer. Not exactly sure about that though. Oh and they don't come with an interuptor ring, it would have to be pressed on.

Back