You can type here any text you want

ATR S2 HEADERS What are they going for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEARING

With crossover.

Cant seem to find any that don't need some work, for a comparison. Would like an idea what a nice set should bring.:confused:

Thanks.

For which heads, stage 2 0r champion or T/A, and 3 bolt turbo or 4 bolt?

A buddy of mine just bought a set, well minus the crossover for $650. It has few cracks on the passenger side that needs repair. Since they are not around and if they in good shape, I would ask $1000 or more. When I was looking for a set, I was willing to pay that much. Now I have two sets and I am not going to sell them. If you look at it, it will cost way more to have them made and who knows how well they will fit. Even with ATRs, getting to the spark plugs is a bit*&.

Just my $.02

Prasad

A buddy of mine just bought a set, well minus the crossover for $650. It has few cracks on the passenger side that needs repair. Since they are not around and if they in good shape, I would ask $1000 or more. When I was looking for a set, I was willing to pay that much. Now I have two sets and I am not going to sell them. If you look at it, it will cost way more to have them made and who knows how well they will fit. Even with ATRs, getting to the spark plugs is a bit*&.

Just my $.02

Prasad

I was thinking a good set wold go for about 1000. thanks

And yes S2 4 bolt.

ATR S2 Headers

I have seen ATR S2 headers in the $500 price range - most without crossover pipes and all with minor cracks. I bought my last set in Bowling Green in 2006 at the flea market. I would suggest changing the flange on the passenger side to 1/2" using Jason Cramers part and space the tubing from the flange 5/8" to allow easy access to all of the spark plugs. The driver's side rarely has cracks and does not have spark plug clearance issues.

I run ATR S2 headers and have repaired cracks in BOTH headers. Bob is right about replacing the flange and spacing the header away from the head.

Bob, Did you run into interference with the upper control arm when you spaced the header out 5/8? My stock control arms look like they will hit the header if I do that. I think tubular control arms won't have that problem. Spacing the header will allow you to get the pass side valve cover off much easier.

I bought a pair of the RJC flanges. I was thinking about welding the new flange to the existing flange......I'm getting tired of blowing gaskets on the passenger side.

Dave

ATR Headers

Dave, I use the ATR copper gasket for the S2 headers and have had good success. Control arm clearance can be gained with a 4" grinder and minor work. Looking forward to seeing you in BG.

Back