Available Info on web @ E85

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I have been searching internet for info on E85 or other ethanol/gasoline mixes. I have found a lot of info on Subaru WRX's and Chevy LS1's.

However, these vehicles were manufactured AFTER our federal government started requiring manufacturers to make fuel systems compatible with ethanol. Accordingly, these sites do not concern themselves with compatibility of fuel pumps, FPRs, fuel lines, o-rings, fuel line fittings, etc.

The following sites are pretty good but are not specific to TR's:

driving ethanol: Racing Fuel Characteristics

How to run your LS1 on E85 - LS1 Performance Information

Ethanol btu's per gallon - OnlineConversion Forums

Read and enjoy,
Conrad

excellent info!

just ignore 'sarge' in the ls1 link...in fact, don't read past the first 2 posts.

5% more power just for filling my tank with e-85? and more compression or lots more boost:D one guy's saab turbo got 20% BETTER mileage on e-85:eek:

obd2 cars are ethanol ready. i suspect gn guys will need upgraded fuel hoses, perhaps fuel tanks. replacement pumps, filters, injectors are already compatible.

I hear E-85 is good stuff but older cars(ie pre-flex fuels) need Fuel system mods like biggier injectors but it seems like more power can be made.

i'm new to this e-85 and what caught my attention is i have seen several Supras and Bimmers packing over 1000 hp on e-85 it's amazing!

Nice read. I was told out of the box that ethanol was corrosive and not to use it. When I say that I am planning on switching to E85, I don't seem to get a lot of support. I'm planning on rebuilding my shortblock next year and when I put it in my car I want to run E-85 because of higher octane and the clean burn.

I think plan should be to use materials that would not deteriorate from ethanol exposure. High on list would be fuel lines that are OK with ethanol...I.e. No rubber! Teflon?? Conrad

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think plan should be to use materials that would not deteriorate from ethanol exposure. High on list would be fuel lines that are OK with ethanol...I.e. No rubber! Teflon?? Conrad

Well I would have to upgrade my current fuel system that is for sure. Unfortunately, I just replaced my fuel pump. It's a single pump LPH 255 or something to the that affect. From what I have read, it appears that RaceTronix has a full setup for E-85. I'm going with 120# injectors, not going to chance it with 80#.

I have been searching internet for info on E85 or other ethanol/gasoline mixes. I have found a lot of info on Subaru WRX's and Chevy LS1's.

However, these vehicles were manufactured AFTER our federal government started requiring manufacturers to make fuel systems compatible with ethanol. Accordingly, these sites do not concern themselves with compatibility of fuel pumps, FPRs, fuel lines, o-rings, fuel line fittings, etc.

The following sites are pretty good but are not specific to TR's:

driving ethanol: Racing Fuel Characteristics

How to run your LS1 on E85 - LS1 Performance Information

Ethanol btu's per gallon - OnlineConversion Forums

Read and enjoy,
Conrad

Conrad,

I also have some links about E-85 on my profile

I don't think reading threads that were linked back in 2007 is a good start in researching. So many myths have been busted, and real world results realized.

I don't think reading threads that were linked back in 2007 is a good start in researching. So many myths have been busted, and real world results realized.
And you are the expert!