Awesome Job by the GSCA and Jim Carswell

Otto J

Jim Carswell and the GSCA did an incredible job with track prep and running the racing this year at BG.
Best I have seen since going!!
Didnt hear anyone crying about the track being even marginal.
They gave the racers the ability to set all time bests!!!

and Congrats to Ron Joseph getting his first ever 9 second run!!!!
Great job Ron!!!!

I have to agree. It also seemed to me that attendance was up from last year. BG rocks the house, I can't wait until next year.

By the way how did you like those crawfish Otto?

I have to agree. It also seemed to me that attendance was up from last year. BG rocks the house, I can't wait until next year.

Otto might like clams but crawfish :wink: me on the other hand I tore them things up. BG rocked the buick world this weekend and all that stayed home well ..... try some next year because there is only 1 nats. Im sure Gallina/Freeman don't car how much $$$ Richard L made this year.

Not bad,But the keilbasa,potatoes and mushrooms kicked ass!!
Thanks for bringing them!
Next year we can add clams to the mix!

Not bad,But the keilbasa,potatoes and mushrooms kicked ass!!
Thanks for bringing them!
Next year we can add clams to the mix!

No problem, next year will be even better. Now it just needs to hurry up and get here.

bg, nats

Right on otto, big jim did a great job as race director. he stopped by my trailer serval times to just shoot the bull, he is a pretty nice guy when you get to know him,:smile:

Jim Carswell and the GSCA did an incredible job with track prep and running the racing this year at BG.
Best I have seen since going!!
Didnt hear anyone crying about the track being even marginal.
They gave the racers the ability to set all time bests!!!

and Congrats to Ron Joseph getting his first ever 9 second run!!!!
Great job Ron!!!!

Ditto that!!! Mike:cool:

Yes, as a spectator i always saw him checking the track before the big guys ran.
Hats off to all the track personal, they did a great job prepping the track and making sure it was clean.
Even the track owner was in his tractor sweeping off the track.
I had a great time other then my buddy harrassing me about when we are going to leave.:rolleyes:

Yes, as a spectator i always saw him checking the track before the big guys ran.
Hats off to all the track personal, they did a great job prepping the track and making sure it was clean.
Even the track owner was in his tractor sweeping off the track.
I had a great time other then my buddy harrassing me about when we are going to leave.:rolleyes:

Damn,I thought he enjoyed being there.
Was cool catching up with you again

Otto is absolutely correct. Jim did a great job in having that track in its best condition I have ever seen.Prep was nothing short of perfect. I have never seen such attention placed on that racing surface. Big thumbs Up!

I wish I could have went but I was relocated for my job and am now on the west coast. Hopefully next year, and possibly even with my Buick!

Sounds like it was a hit, glad to see people didnt give up due to gas prices or anything.

Great job Jim! I hope you were serious about joining us at Norwalk in a few weeks.
Congratulations to Ron on joining the many other 9 sec cars up that way.

Great job Jim! I hope you were serious about joining us at Norwalk in a few weeks.
Congratulations to Ron on joining the many other 9 sec cars up that way.

You know usually it is as loud as a stadium after the Nats with all of the keyboard superheros bashing. This year it seems as quiet as a church on the net but then again I haven't been to the toilet to see what the inmates are up to and I don't feel like upping his board traffic by even posting there. :rolleyes:

Thanks Otto, Cal, Louie, and everyone else for the kind words. I enjoyed hanging out with all of ya'll. The track folks worked with me and were absolutely on top of everything that I asked for. They were top notch!!! I enjoyed seeing everyone again and as always had a blast. I send out my congratulations to John G., Len F., Kenny D., Cal and Holly H., Dave F., Jason W., Ron J. and lest I forget my man Odell. ( I hope I didn't miss anyone.). As everyone knows there were old records broken, new ones set and personal achievements accomplished at this years event. Kenny D. is one of the most humble and down to earth people I have ever met, a true gentleman. In my opinion the people and the racing is what it is all about. I would also like to acknowledge the gents from Chi-Town with the BB/N2O car that were curtious enough to give Len, John and Kenny time enough to fix their shifter issue. That was a true demonstration of class and willingness to put on a good show. I appreciate their patients they were a class act. Afterwards I walked over to thank them and one guy in their crew told me and I quote - "We knew we were out gunned but we are here to race and put on a show". I wish all racers demonstrated that type of attitude and again I thank them for being true gentlemen as they too were a part of the chain of events that led to watching the Gallina team get into the 6's. If anyone knows how to get in touch with those cats give me a shout please. I believe next year will be even better and I hope to see ya'll there again. I enjoyed it.

Cal, I am serious about trying to make Norwalk. At least at this event I will be able to hang out with the Palm Tree Posse a little and I want to watch Tony G. in action. :eek: Maybe even some of my internet friends will stop and introduce themselves since most everyone knows what I look like by now. I think it will be interesting to put some of the words and usernames to a face. If I don't see you before then, I will see you there. Thanks again and until then.....

Jim C.

I have heard your praises all week Jim! Good job! Glad it was such a good event!

As an additional FYI, while I haven't been able to twist enough arms yet to get an actual turbo V8 Regal class I want ya'll to know that we are allowing any cars to test and tune so long as they aren't tearing up the track and if there is some grudge racing to be done I will be setting them up behind the heads up classes next year so they will have a good surface to run on. So ladies and germs think about bringing out the V8 turbo cars, Louie, Dusty and anyone else. Nothing like some grudge racing. Give it a thought or two...... I need a grudge racing RRA to coordinate with me so that we can get them lined up where they need to be and when they need to be there. Any volunteers PM me. Thanks.

Jim C.

I have heard your praises all week Jim! Good job! Glad it was such a good event!

And where were you at? The redneck to Yankee percentage was almost even this year. You have to tighten up man. We have to get a few more Southerners there. :D In all seriousness, we missed you this year Shane. You need to get Cal a bigger banner and plan on setting up a booth next year. I already worked out the details for you if you are interested. Thanks for the kind words sir but don't tell too many. We all know I have a reputation to up-hold. Thanks again. :cool:

Jim C.

Great job Jim! The track was the best I have seen since I have been going to BG. Thanks for your hard work!

Damn good job. Everything went well in TAI. Got to run seperate from other classes.

Otto, bring the clams!