Back in Black

BuckeyeTroop

Finally back in a GN after almost ten years. My dad still has his all original 13k mile car that he bought a few years ago but I haven't been able to talk him out of it. Anyway, John Schmidt if you are reading this, I'll be paying you a visit as soon as the weather cooperates. Let the modding begin.

Here she is. I traded a 98 LS1 T/A straight for it. ;)

Attachments

• P1010383[1].jpg
    P1010383[1].jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 576
Thanks. He apparently wanted to get back into an LS1 as bad as I wanted back in a Turbo Buick.

Thanks. He apparently wanted to get back into an LS1 as bad as I wanted back in a Turbo Buick.

id say you got the better end of the deal. Not dissing ls1s as i love the fbodies, but the 98s were definitely the least desirable.

id say you got the better end of the deal. Not dissing ls1s as i love the fbodies, but the 98s were definitely the least desirable.

I agree. Every other GN or T-Type I tried to make a deal on fell thru because of money difference. My T/A was in real good shape but the best I seemed to be able to do was T-Types with too much rust and I basically gave up on getting in a GN in a straight trade. Needless to say I'm grinning ear to ear about the trade. But he did get a nice car as well.

Whats the details on the car? Looks nice!

Its a hard top, posi with all power options, 165k on the body about 21k on the rebuilt motor and trans according to previous owner. Otherwise it appears to be stock. The original paint has some minor checking, but still shines good. The only rust I have found is small spot on windshield pillar and a trunk ding has alittle rust in it and another small ding on roof. The trunk, quarters and doors look real good which amazes me on a car with this mileage.

Its in better shape than my previous GN that I bought 10+ yrs ago.........go figure.