You can type here any text you want

BAER Track 4 vs Stock G-body brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
These pictures were from a guy with a Monte Carlo who just got these in...

Here is a comparison of the new BAER track 4 system vs Stock G-body brakes... :eek:

Hopefully BAER will be sending us a complete front & rear Track 4 set up to test on the GNS test car! :)

The track 4 is a 4-piston caliper with 13" rotors...

SW.

Attachments

• BAERbrake.jpg
    BAERbrake.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 611
  • Picture053.jpg
    Picture053.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 587
Wow now

that's a big difference, but is it really worth that kind of money?They are nice looking!:confused:

dam! thats wat I thought. so the serious street plus are the only ones?

What's this cost? About $2000, just for the fronts, that is?
Complete Rear T4 systems start at just $1,095.00!

Front T 4 systems start at $1,545.00 for an OEM spindle, and are also offered with a drop spindle.

Track 4 Features:

* Front systems come pre-assembled on new spindles.

* Systems contain all necessary mounting brackets and hardware, and even come with new stainless steel braided brake lines.

* Early domestic Muscle Car applications also include 6061-t6 billet aluminum hubs, pre-packed in Redline synthetic grease for a mess free installation!

* The 6-bolt architecture of the T-series two-piece caliper body produces an incredibly stiff caliper, netting incredible power and control!

* Stainless steel pad adjustments which can be easily serviced when replacing the pads also serve as anti-rattle/noise shims.

* Track-4 systems are Street and Track ready and include Baer’s DecelaPad brand, Ceramic compound brake pad, offering quiet, low dust operation, with thermal stability up to 1385 deg. F!

* Pads are the same fitment as found on 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro (FMSI #D749). Never again will you be left stranded because you couldn’t find pads! It also means that you will no longer be “locked in” to an undesirable pad compound simply because replacement pads are only available from the caliper manufacturer!

* Features internal fluid transfer passages and are bolted together from the back half of the caliper. This arrangement makes the exterior of the T-series ultra clean with no externally visible crossovers or bleeder.

* Since there is only a single bleeder, located on the inner half of the caliper, the T4 calipers bleed quickly and easily.

That's a heck of a good price to upgrade from the stock setup! For comparison, I'm looking at competition brakes for my Zo6 and its like 12,000 to 15,000 for the good stuff :eek:

That's a heck of a good price to upgrade from the stock setup! For comparison, I'm looking at competition brakes for my Zo6 and its like 12,000 to 15,000 for the good stuff :eek:
I sure think so, and to top it all off the BAER kits come with everything needed!! Look at the 06' ZO6 brake up grades that some have done to their Buick's. Nothing wrong with them and they work awesome but they have right around $2,100 into them once it's all said and done and it's just the front and with the BAER Track 4 Front & Rear set up it's just another $400 more... And the Track 4 rears are 12" Rotors & 4- piston calipers that match the front calipers.. Except the rears piston size is reduced 50% over the fronts.

Plus keep in mind there is even more affordable BAER disc brake set ups available for the Buick's. This is just the middle of the line, there is even a 6-piston / 14'' rotor set up available :eek:..

If you think this is expensive, check out "The Brake Man" set up's!! They are the best from what I heard...

Scot W.

I sure think so, and to top it all off the BAER kits come with everything needed!! Look at the 06' ZO6 brake up grades that some have done to their Buick's. Nothing wrong with them and they work awesome but they have right around $2,100 into them once it's all said and done and it's just the front and with the BAER Track 4 Front & Rear set up it's just another $400 more... And the Track 4 rears are 12" Rotors & 4- piston calipers that match the front calipers.. Except the rears piston size is reduced 50% over the fronts.

Plus keep in mind there is even more affordable BAER disc brake set ups available for the Buick's. This is just the middle of the line, there is even a 6-piston / 14'' rotor set up available :eek:..

If you think this is expensive, check out "The Brake Man" set up's!! They are the best from what I heard...

Scot W.

You have to remember though, that $2100 also includes the AFX front spindles which lower the car 7/8", dramatically improve the cars bump steer issues and poor camber curve over the stock spindles, and has custom machined hubs to except the C5/C6 front brakes. $2100 isnt for just the brakes.

I run the Baer ironSports on my Currie 9" rear with the Moser Wacetrac and they are definately worth the money.

Some people may think it's obnoxious to spend this kind of money on our cars brakes/suspension but most people dont understand the amount of abuse these cars get put through going around corners at 100+ mph. $1500 for a set front Baer t4's is a good price for a bolt on kit and 4 piston calipers.

As far as not being able to run 15's up front, who cares? I can still run a 9 second pass with my 18's up front. It doesnt hurt anything. for those trying to retain the 15" Convo Pro, ProStars, etc look, you really have no need for this much brake on your car to cruise around town and go to the strip for a few passes.

Once you abuse your cars like Scott and I do, paying good money for top quality parts is just common sense.

Just dreaming, but is there any way to get the Turbo6 symbol instead of the T4 or any possible customization to the calipers, like 'BUICK'.

You have to remember though, that $2100 also includes the AFX front spindles which lower the car 7/8", dramatically improve the cars bump steer issues and poor camber curve over the stock spindles, and has custom machined hubs to except the C5/C6 front brakes. $2100 isnt for just the brakes.

Once you abuse your cars like Scott and I do, paying good money for top quality parts is just common sense.
That is true and what is needed to run those brakes! I forgot to mention all the parts involved with that $2,100 price. And with today's technology and suspension company's out there like DSE making suspension components that increase camber gain and improving the roll camber there are now more way's to correct that poor camber than in the past which opens possibilities up for customers.

There are several way's to lower a car.

There are several ways to correct the poor camber.

There are several ways to upgrade brakes.

There are several ways to make a car handle better.

NONE are the "BEST WAY", They ALL WORK!

What the car will be used for is what separates certain possibilities.

Scot W.

Back