You can type here any text you want

BARONA DRAGS 30 Oct 2010

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
The boss let me out of the dog house this coming Saturday. So, I plan on going for some test and tuning.

Anyone else going to Barona Drags this coming Saturday?

4TH ANNUAL GOBLIN GAMBLER TEST & TUNE

Barona 1/8th Mile Drags

Ray

I'd love to go but I'm in the middle of doing some rear suspension work, and maybe do some fuel system upgrades while I'm at it...so no go.:frown:

Good luck and let us know how you do.

I'd love to go but I'm in the middle of doing some rear suspension work, and maybe do some fuel system upgrades while I'm at it...so no go.:frown:

Good luck and let us know how you do.

That's cool man. Also, if you need some help let me know. What kind of fuel and suspenion up-grade are you planning on doing?

That's cool man. Also, if you need some help let me know. What kind of fuel and suspenion up-grade are you planning on doing?

I'm installing these UMI upper rear control arms that I've been putting off for over a year. The stock bushings finally had it. The housing ear bushings are also dry rotted so gotta change those out. Also I put in a pair of airbags as part of my low buck approach to gain some traction.:tongue:

As for the fuel stuff, I've had this Bosch 044 pump for awhile that I want to use. I think my Walbro 340 is flaking out on me (again). Just trying to decide if I want to use it in-tank and maybe run -8 feed line or whatever. I'll probably drop the tank and pull out the sending unit to see what I'm working with.

Good to see your back in town Ray. Haven't seen you since a border crossing several years ago!

Lol. Yes, I remember that day. Talked with you Pop's at Barona last week. He said your doing well. Hope to come to your shop sometime. Lunch is on me. Texting from my phone,plz excuse the short sentences.

Rodney sounds like some work ahead of you. I just got through with installing the Hotchkis Extreme rear sway bar and lower control arms,and air bags. It was a pain to say the least. I still have the front sway bar to install, shocks etc. Probably will take it to the Hobby shop. Getting to old ...lol. or I'm just getting out of shape. Hitting the rack. I have to get up at 4:30. Talk to you later...

should be fun!

I'm sure Donnie Wang will be there,
I'd like to attend, I'm sure I have some excuse not to,
maybe I'll round up Jeff and we can drive down.
you never know.

you never know.

That would be great Lee. I sure wish the majority of you guys didn't live so far away from San Diego. I'd love to attend some of the events you guy's have going on work permitting. I'm starting to get a little more time off now, so I would def. like to attend some of them in the near future.

Hope all is going well with you and the family. Hope to see you again...soon.

Tell Jeff to get that Beast to Barona, should be a good time:smile:

Ray

I'm installing these UMI upper rear control arms that I've been putting off for over a year. The stock bushings finally had it. The housing ear bushings are also dry rotted so gotta change those out. Also I put in a pair of airbags as part of my low buck approach to gain some traction.:tongue:

As for the fuel stuff, I've had this Bosch 044 pump for awhile that I want to use. I think my Walbro 340 is flaking out on me (again). Just trying to decide if I want to use it in-tank and maybe run -8 feed line or whatever. I'll probably drop the tank and pull out the sending unit to see what I'm working with.
Rodney, Just a suggestion I have never seen a reason unless you have a 9 second car to run anything other than an intake pump. My choice would be the quad air XP pump.I'm not sure if Red Armstrong is still around though.

you never know.

I might be able to make it down there to do some suspension testing before WCN. I have my '86 on jack stands and it is blocking the '87. I will do my best to finish the front end up tonight and get it out of the way. I am been preoccupied with some personal issues so the focus has not been on cars.

Lee give me a call if you want to carpool.
Jeff

Yupp, keeping an eye on the rain too. Errr! Sure hope it doesn't though.

Frank, sure wish you could make it. We will have to meet up again like the good ole day's. How your Dad doing?

Hope to see you there, Jeff. A lot of people were impressed with your car last time you brought it out.

Lee, you too. Hey, are you up to help crew for another Pinks All Out next month in Pheonix? Temps should be much better. Or, are you doing WCN?

Donnie

as I'm a man of leisure, (polite way of saying unemployed)
I planned to attend WCN,
pinks is the week before, hmmm
maybe I can do both,
I'll check my schedule, see if I can fit it in, LOL
whats the time frame for Pinks? fri-sat- sun?
when are you heading out to it?

as I'm a man of leisure, (polite way of saying unemployed)
I planned to attend WCN,
pinks is the week before, hmmm
maybe I can do both,
I'll check my schedule, see if I can fit it in, LOL
whats the time frame for Pinks? fri-sat- sun?
when are you heading out to it?
We're heading out sometime Thursday to get a pit spot before Thurs evening.
Friday is test and tune. I plan on participating in that.
Saturday is qualifying and eliminations. Similar to the last time we were out.
Quint Fear plans on trying to make it, with Fear or without. I have one other possible crew member in the works other than Cheryl. If Quint can't make it with his car, he's another possible CM.
The car now has a 15 gallon fuel cell, so refueling will be much more lax. Each nitrous bottle will be good for no more than 5 passes.

ok-ok

wife just said , go!- get out of my way.
so count on me to be there,
I have learned from last time, will double check the fuel or any other refill bottles. LOL
I have a small motor home (24ft) do they allow overnight camping?
in the same area of the pits?
let me know what to bring, (fan, awning,etc)

Pinks!

All the more reason to go to Barona..lol Hope to see you guys there. No excuses Jeff, I want to see Donnie and you car in action.

wife just said , go!- get out of my way.
so count on me to be there,
I have learned from last time, will double check the fuel or any other refill bottles. LOL
I have a small motor home (24ft) do they allow overnight camping?
in the same area of the pits?
let me know what to bring, (fan, awning,etc)
When the date gets closer I'll look into what extra I may ask you to bring. Off the top of my head, I think I'll be able to cover everything but maybe an extra fan and an extra awning. I'll be bringing one fan and two awnings.
All crew members will be thoroughly oriented on the fuel jugs this time. :tongue:

Camping wil be allowed Thurs and Fri night and is free both nights.
Thurs night, the camping will be outside the pits in a spectator parking/staging area. Friday morning they'll be parking participants in the pits. They say the amount of pit space should be the same as last time we went.
I'll start a thread for Pinks in the SW section.

Back