You can type here any text you want

Bass port questions?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have 2 6X9s in the rear deck and a 10inch Bazooka in the trunk.
I find that I have to crank up the volume (louder then id like)to feel the bass.
How would two 2 inch ports on the rear deck (one on each side) help bring the bass into the car?
BTW i am going to put This
6X9Baffle.jpg
on the 6X9s to help with the "short bass.
What do you think??

I have 2 6X9s in the rear deck and a 10inch Bazooka in the trunk.
I find that I have to crank up the volume (louder then id like)to feel the bass.
How would two 2 inch ports on the rear deck (one on each side) help bring the bass into the car?
BTW i am going to put This
6X9Baffle.jpg
on the 6X9s to help with the "short bass.
What do you think??
Using that will help a little, as it acts like a small enclosure for your 6 x 9's. Porting through your rear deck lid will help a little, but I would recommend getting a better amp and sub before cutting any holes in your car.

Where do you have your tube located? I had 2 8" tubes and it was really pretty loud. I just recently went to a sealed dual 10" box for traditional subs and holy crap! A different story. I found the best placement for the single Bazooka was pointed into the corner facing the rear on the drivers side. When I ran two tubes, I left the original one where it was and then had the other facing forward on the other side. It was pretty sweet. It just took up a good portion of the trunk. I started off using a small Alpine 100 watt amp but then stepped up to a Phoenix Gold with like 275 watts. A good amp is needed but placement makes the biggest difference in my experience.

The tube is sideways directly behind the rear seat and under the rear deck (with the speaker facing the driver side) the connection is facing the passenger side and its right against the Inner wheel. So the speaker ends up right about center of the car.

I haven’t tried moving it around since where it is it doesn’t kill my trunk.

It will sound like crap under the rear deck. Thats your problem. Move it.

I have my 10" Bazooka tube on the drivers side rear corner about 5 inches from the rear of the trunk. I have a Punch 250 on it and it has some serious bass considering its only 1 tube.

Placement will make or break your bass response.

Those Bazooka bass tubes don't put out all that much bass. I'd go with a box if you want bass that you can really feel. Also, those foam things for the 6x9's usually take away bass. I've tried them with diff speakers and have always removed them.

I could "Feel" my 8" Bazookas but not until I had them firing in the corner. You have to keep in mind they were designed to work in a hatchback car. They need to work against some volume. Having them under the package shelf may save some trunk space but they will not perform well at all. It is like the old saying: "Wanna play? Gotta pay."

Those Bazooka bass tubes don't put out all that much bass. I'd go with a box if you want bass that you can really feel. Also, those foam things for the 6x9's usually take away bass. I've tried them with diff speakers and have always removed them.

I disagree. I can "feel" my tube. I have had my share of boxes over the past 20 years and this tube sounds great. It is also strapped to the trunk because when I break my tires loose at 55 mph and I go sideways it doesnt move.:cool:

You can feel a good pair of 6x9's. I was just trying to say that if this guy wants some really car shaking bass, he needs a box(and a good amp with power)....but maybe he doesn't even want this much??

all depends how much bass the owner wants to "feel" in the driver's seat of his/her Buick TR. that is the question? no?

Back