You can type here any text you want

Bearing analysis please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Does your engine have some drain holes in the lifter valley? I found pics online where some do and some don't. In the first post you said lifter valley was filling with oil.

Does your engine have some drain holes in the lifter valley? I found pics online where some do and some don't. In the first post you said lifter valley was filling with oil.
It does. The issue is using Chevy-style solid roller lifters in these blocks. The pressure feed lines up with the feed hole in the lifter, which pushes oil into and out of the top of the lifter like a garden hose. Unlike hydraulic lifters, solid lifters have no piddle valve or mechanism to regulate the oil flow. On a Chevrolet, the pressure feed is clocked 90 degrees compared to this engine, so the lifter feed gets just a trickle of oil between the lifter body and lifter bore, as designed. the term for that is called edge orifice lifter.

So folks planning on using a T/A aluminum block, who doesn't bush the lifter bores will run into this issue if they use off the shelf Chevy solid roller lifters.

Since you bought the block from TA why didn't you purchase the lifters from them? I bought their solid lifters for the stage2 block and the quality is excellent. Sorry to hear of your issue, this is a very expensive hobby, all the best.

Last edited:
Is 10psi @ hot idle bad?? Thats exactly were im at... Actually 9-10psi. Running 10W30 non syn. Engine was just rebuilt by Dan Strezo @ DLS. Goes up immediatley though once I accelerate to around 40-60psi. Have maybe only 30miles on engine.

Is 10psi @ hot idle bad?? Thats exactly were im at... Actually 9-10psi. Running 10W30 non syn. Engine was just rebuilt by Dan Strezo @ DLS. Goes up immediatley though once I accelerate to around 40-60psi. Have maybe only 30miles on engine.
Just curious is this a TA engine ,stage motor,or 109 ? Not that it really matters just curious

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Got the new bearings installed and they spec out perfectly. Installed the engine today. May have it running tomorrow, time permitting.
Crystal_Riv_05142016 006.JPG

Swapping out the .63 A/R housing for an .85.
Crystal_Riv_05142016 009.JPG

Back