You can type here any text you want

Bearings...(Fed Mogul and King)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

artrenee10

Older...wiser...and broker...
Whats the difference between the two? Found some old Fed Mogul Cam and Rod Bearings but have heard lately that King is the way to go..but when I checked King's website they had the same part number for the Rod Bearings as Fed Mogul did...are the same just under a different name or??

Thanks

The king bearings I have seen were babbit material almost all the way through (very soft) which is completely different from the speed pro/federal mogul/clevite stuff I have used. They were very forgiving because of this. The motor they came out of survived & it was a mid ten second car with at least one crooked/leaning main cap:eek:

Ok are the part numbers the same or different for King..and if they are different does anyone have the part numbers? I need them for all three components..rod main and cam..

King bearings are alluminum alloy bearings. Federal mogul race bearings are tri-metal. (speaking from memory here.. could be bi-metal)

I've used both and I prefer the King bearings. They're much less expensive and they work great.

Ok are the part numbers the same or different for King..and if they are different does anyone have the part numbers? I need them for all three components..rod main and cam..

Order from Full Throttle. They stock the King bearings.

I would be curious if King has the wide rod bearings like Federal Mogul does. If so then that's a win win for us!

I would be curious if King has the wide rod bearings like Federal Mogul does. If so then that's a win win for us!

Yeah..I remember Fed Mogul had a version of a much wider Rod bearing...wonder if anyone else can chime in on this one...

Yeah..I remember Fed Mogul had a version of a much wider Rod bearing...wonder if anyone else can chime in on this one...

King does not offer the wider rod bearing like the federal mogul race bearings. I looked into that last year. IMO the extra width on the Fed Mogul race bearings doesn't do much any ways. On a factory turbo crank, most of extra bearing width just hangs over the rolled journal fillet and doesn't contact anything.

I've got the numbers somewhere; but seems like the 350 rod bearings were a little wider; and fit the 231 rods.

Anyone remember it that way?

The wider rod bearing is from a Series II 3.8 Buick FWD motor. I use 96 Buick Rivera SuperCharged when I order them.

Back