You can type here any text you want

Beat a Saleen and Heads & Cam LS1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That's a horrible time for a heads/cam LS1. Take it from a guy who owns one. Even a mild Stage I head and mild cam with the supporting hardware would be 370ish rwhp. I think he was pulling your chain a little. Nice runs tho!

Mybe where you guys are from head/cam ls1s can turn 11's all day long, but I have never seen one at Bandimere. I'm not saying there aren't any, just that I have never seen it. Heck I don't recall seeing a N/A ls1 or lt1 w/o NOS run 12's here.

Even if the altitude and track added a full second and change, that is still a lousy time for a heads/cam car. We have a bunch of 11 second head/cam LS1s down here and a couple of automatics knocking on the door for 10s. Good kill, tho! Gotta love the TRs!

Yep...Bandimere is around 5800ft above sea level. It takes a lot to get moving up here. Speaking of "stock" cars, what XLR8 said is true. I've seen brand new LS1's running 14.4-14.8 at best. RT/10 Vipers run high 14's, low 15's and GTS Vipers are running low 14's to mid 13's.

My friend's BPU 95 Supra (stock twins, intake, downpipe, boost controller and other goodies) dynoed at 417 hp and 404lb-ft of TQ.

See his dyno chart @ http://www.dynopro.com/mhhr_supra.asp.

He is #13 "Snider". He ran a 13.0 @ 104 mph with this power. His car is now a monster T-88 and is close to hitting 1100 or so HP, but we have not got it on the dyno yet.

Back