Before and after dyno

You picked up 13mph, by opening the dump?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would love to do some back to back testing from pump to e85. I don't see you picking up 10 percent In just a fuel change with everything else being equal. If that is true that's awesome.

I would love to do some back to back testing from pump to e85. I don't see you picking up 10 percent In just a fuel change with everything else being equal. If that is true that's awesome.

I have no reason to Lie ... I don't sell E85 for a living .. I should know better than to post without an affidavit..

just stating what I have personally seen on more than 1 car ..

Never said you did, just learning here.

Can you post some dyno charts, mod lists, and data for any of those 50 plus cars. Would like to see what they were running before and after etc

Never said you did, just learning here.

Can you post some dyno charts, mod lists, and data for any of those 50 plus cars. Would like to see what they were running before and after etc

CASE AND POINT !! what difference does the mod list make .. we are comparing a fuel change alone ... its the same parts before as after..

Sure I can provide a 1:1 dyno chart that shows an increase of 10% .. .for every dyno post you post that doesn't show the 10% gain .. hows that ?

Mod list doesn't make a difference, just was going to look at power made, torque made, boost levels, rpm, etc, just looking at data.

I'm not saying your wrong or right I'm just looking for data to further support this theory

As far as Jorgy's setup and swap goes...I was heavily involved in this conversion this morning. His setup was as he stated. The 100 octane chip was a TT race chip with (I think) 22*\23* timing and the boost was at 30psi on the pl. the E85 chip is a TT 6.1 WB chip. I'd haveta review the file or look at his paperwork to see where the timing was. Both pulls on both fuels were at the same boost level (+\- .5psi) the ambient temperature was approximately 78* in the dyno room on the 100oct run. The ambient temp was approximately 85* during the E85 run. I emailed the pl files to Jorgy for all the runs. If he's not able to post them here...I can.

Mod list doesn't make a difference, just was going to look at power made, torque made, boost levels, rpm, etc, just looking at data.

I'm not saying your wrong or right I'm just looking for data to further support this theory

That's just it ... it isn't a theory ... I could care less if you believe or not ... to me makes no difference at all

I was just stating what the OP posted is relatively consistent with what I've seen.

My point to my post was .. if you don't optimize the E85 Tune.. WTF is the point ?

your handicapping what the fuel is capable of ... so whats the relevance in a before and after ALL ELSE being equal ? E85 isn't like a standard fuel so why would you tune it like one.
The fuel itself will increase power.. but when the setup is optimized for E85 it will far out perform a setup like the OP had.

Can you post up a dyno chart of a E85 conversion that the power was the same ? "ALL BEING EQUAL "

That's just it ... it isn't a theory ... I could care less if you believe or not ... to me makes no difference at all

I was just stating what the OP posted is relatively consistent with what I've seen.

My point to my post was .. if you don't optimize the E85 Tune.. WTF is the point ?

your handicapping what the fuel is capable of ... so whats the relevance in a before and after ALL ELSE being equal ? E85 isn't like a standard fuel so why would you tune it like one.
The fuel itself will increase power.. but when the setup is optimized for E85 it will far out perform a setup like the OP had.

Can you post up a dyno chart of a E85 conversion that the power was the same ? "ALL BEING EQUAL "

Damn dude relax, I'm not trying to pick a fight or say you're right or you're wrong. I'm just trying to learn and collect data and learn from it and hope others can learn from it as well.

As for switching to E85, it's a great thing for sure and you should tune to it potential, however I can see people switching to get the same performance from it at half the cost of race fuel.

Damn dude relax, I'm not trying to pick a fight or say you're right or you're wrong. I'm just trying to learn and collect data and learn from it and hope others can learn from it as well.

As for switching to E85, it's a great thing for sure and you should tune to it potential, however I can see people switching to get the same performance from it at half the cost of race fuel.

Not sure where our signals got crossed .. all I said was the amount he picked up is consistent with what Ive seen .. next post your asking for dyno pulls of the 50 cars ive seen it in with what their setups were.. and calling it a theory .. then followed up by you don't see it gaining 10% .. which implies what I posted is off.. All I posted is what I saw on more than 1 car..

setups were from stockers to 900 hp cars ... they all gained from the conversion EVEN at the same boost ... so clearly the fuel will make more power and that's my point....

Do you have a dyno pull where a E85 conversion made LESS or EQUAL power all being equal ?

Sweet, might have to do some testing. Figured my dual atr 2.5 was free flowing enough. I'll play around with that

Sweet, might have to do some testing. Figured my dual atr 2.5 was free flowing enough. I'll play around with that

Honestly I was REALLY surprised to the point I ditched the ATR exhaust and made my own .. never go back to anything else after that lesson..
It sounds ridiculous to pickup that much ... but the numbers are what they are ... the most impressive thing was how FAST the car got on boost with the dump open .. it didn't even feel like the same car at all ...

here are some more details on the conversion and dyno pulls with Jorgy's car.

While on 100 octane, the car ran a TT 5.6 race chip with 60# injectors.
The E85 conversion consisted of a new set of 80# injectors, a TT 6.1 WB chip, and a new AEM 30-4100 WB setup....nothing else was changed. We dropped the fuel tank and pumped ALL of the 100 octane fuel out, and sucked all the rest out with a vac pump so there was no fuel left in the tank at all. Then put 3 gallons of fresh E85 in the tank after putting it back in the car. We then drove the car and let the chip learn, before putting it back on the dyno.

testing was done in this order:
7:30am:
100 octane dump closed 409rwhp
100 octane dump open 449rwhp
11:00am:
E85 dump open 471rwhp
E85 dump closed 411rwhp

Here are the respective powerlogger files.

Attachments

• mikedyno1 100octane.dat
    367.9 KB · Views: 69
  • mikedyno2 100 octane.dat
    189.8 KB · Views: 67
  • mike e851.dat
    157.9 KB · Views: 61
  • mike e85 3 dyno.dat
    107.4 KB · Views: 68
I have always heard of the torque going up..Did it?
Did you notice an increase of spool up like most have noticed?

I have always heard of the torque going up..Did it?
Did you notice an increase of spool up like most have noticed?
the torque did raise....however, the dyno guy said his tach signal was off on his end during both the 100 octane pulls....so the torque values were off. (what he said anyway)

Jorgy told me the spoolup was quicker with the E85 when he drove it home. All I know, is that car's combination of turbo/converter it matched perfectly....spoolup is instant. (y)