Behold, Frankenbooster!

1KWIKSIX

Sep 29, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pfn-sr146h610sa

This is the one the psc rep recommended. It has the vented cap you mentioned.
Now I gotta figure out how I want to mount the thing, any ideas?
I posted a thread on how I did mine last year
If the search engine still not working search thru the dates
Basically use the stock mount and take a piece of aluminum angle , radius the inside edge to suit the catch can, drill a couple of holes and attach to the factory bracket

We4ever

Aug 13, 2019
My factory bracket no longer fits due to the length of the Chevy 3500 master cylinder. Brake line coils are also in the way

Last edited:

We4ever

Aug 13, 2019
I'm also gonna want to put a bigger ps cooler on. Any objection to going down to the junk yard and getting a big trans or ps cooler off a truck or something? I've done ac delete so there is plenty of room in front of the radiator.

1KWIKSIX

Sep 29, 2007
No downside to running a cooler on your PS system with a HydroBoost. Just be sure to flush it well before installing . It would also be a good idea to install a filter in line, unless your PS Reservoir (like PSC’s) contains an internal filter

We4ever

Aug 13, 2019
Just did my first test drive! Brakes are very strong and fell less grabby than the pm. Was able to lock the front wheels in panic stop test from 45 mph.

We4ever

Aug 13, 2019
Had the brakes stick on today. After pulling over and letting everything cool the issue went away and I haven't been able to make it happen again.

I'm browsing this forum for threads discussing this issue. Seems odd that it would be intermittent.

We4ever

Aug 13, 2019
after doing some reading I have begun to suspect the hydroboost push rod may be too long. I popped the mc to investigate and when I tried to push it back on I noticed that i couldn't seat it by hand. There was about a 2mm gap. So I've been driving around with the brakes slightly applied. could this cause the brakes to stick this bad? My brakes were smoking and it was taking more and more throttle to keep the car moving.

1KWIKSIX

Sep 29, 2007
after doing some reading I have begun to suspect the hydroboost push rod may be too long. I popped the mc to investigate and when I tried to push it back on I noticed that i couldn't seat it by hand. There was about a 2mm gap. So I've been driving around with the brakes slightly applied. could this cause the brakes to stick this bad? My brakes were smoking and it was taking more and more throttle to keep the car moving.
Sounds like you're on the right track. Perhaps a tool like this would be helpful in determining if your push rod pin length is correct?

Last edited:

We4ever

Aug 13, 2019
I did it the lazy way. Shimmed with washers and test drive. Seat of the pants guess I'd say the car was definitely fighting the brakes. I've been driving a while now and no brake issues.

Attachments