BEST A/F GAUGE AND LOGGER

Tom Kelly

My 86 GN has the usual power upgrades and a scanmaster with the turbo tweak chip so I have some control over fuel in all gears and also 1st gear alone. I would like to install a permanent a/f sensor in the bong in my downpipe and a digital gauge and software to record data over a complete run. Anyone have a suggestion on best complete kit for our GN’s?
Also I would like to upgrade my a-pillar two gauge pod (add on) to a three gauge pod that replaces the entire a-pillar trim. Anyone have experience with one that works well?
Thank you.

Get a power logger for the stock ECM and run a wideband to it . It will log A/F along with other functions including KR and you can see everything that happens at the same point in time . I'm not sure if you need the 6.1 chip to do this or not . I use the AEM wideband with inline controller straight to the power logger.
Most 3 gauge pods don't fit very well, mine included .

Get a power logger for the stock ECM and run a wideband to it . It will log A/F along with other functions including KR and you can see everything that happens at the same point in time . I'm not sure if you need the 6.1 chip to do this or not . I use the AEM wideband with inline controller straight to the power logger.
Thanks for the advice. I will investigate in that direction. Tom

So I ordered the AEM wideband sensor and gauge controller-x series;; and also the turbo tweak power logger; arriving Tuesday. I am assuming it allows me to monitor events and also adjust fuel and timing like the scanmaster but at more frequent intervals of TP and RPM rather than across entire gears like the scanmaster. Hoping this will work with original ECM.

The Powerlogger will not change what parameters you can adjust. It will still be the same parameters that the chip allows.
It is specifically made for the stock 86/87 ECM.

So I ordered the AEM wideband sensor and gauge controller-x series;; and also the turbo tweak power logger; arriving Tuesday. I am assuming it allows me to monitor events and also adjust fuel and timing like the scanmaster but at more frequent intervals of TP and RPM rather than across entire gears like the scanmaster. Hoping this will work with original ECM.

Yes indeed it will